My concerns about the GP were completely unfounded. She was lovely. We talked some more about the drug and the "food noise" and she has increased my dose. I was finding that everything was hunky dory until a day or two before the next dose when I just felt things weren't quite right. I felt as if I should be having the dose every 5 days instead of every 7. This, apparently, is a classic indication to increase the dose.
I have made an appointment with Dr #1 in Bairnsdale for two weeks time as I will be in Melbourne wrangling a three year old post tonsillectomy the following week and don't want to leave it until the last minute (again). I now have two doctors I feel comfortable with so hopefully I will be able to see at least one of them every four weeks.
One of the bonuses has been an increased desire to walk so when Himself suggests taking the dogs along the Esplanade I will, more often than not, go with him.
I sitll have a long way to go to get any decent sort of exercise tolerance and now that the dreaded lurgy has almost abated I will check out the gym for some weight exercises to maintain my muscle mass.
The best news of the week was finding out that our crazy neighbour has put her house on the market! I assume this means her mother has died as she said she never intended to stay here forever and once mum went she would look at moving north. She is expecting a ridiculous amount so I don't expect her house to sell quickly but just knowing she will eventually be gone makes me so happy. To be fair, she ignores us and we ignore her but I can't forget the grief she caused us with her crazy accusations and threats.
I caught up with Penguin for a coffee this morning. Always lovely and it reminds me what a friendly place we live in.
Himself joined a Men's Shed in a town about 15 minutes away as he found the one here to be less than friendly and he is really enjoying it. I am so pleased as that was a huge worry. It is very draining to be the sole source of contact and conversation for another person.
The next few weeks are looking busy. I am donating blood tomorrow in Bairnsdale and then we are back on Friday to take Jinx to the vet to check on her eyes. Three et al are coming down on Saturday and we are going the winter fesitval of lights which already has over 4000 tickets booked so the town will be buzzing. They will go home on Sunday leaving us with Sally (doughnuts and minigolf) and I will take her back on Tuesday, coming back Wednesday. Himself has to go to Melbourne on Thursday for a cardiologist review and I am making soup for the Lionesses' market on Saturday as well as helping set up the hall on Friday and manning the kitchen on Saturday. U3A goes back after the school holidays and I am now the facilitator for history as the previous one has stepped aside. I don't mind but it does mean finding appropriate videos to watch and discuss that aren't too long or too short and of decent quality. Then I am off to look after Alice for the second week of term.
The garden needs weeding but it's been too wet and cold so I have been enjoying being indoors knitting, crocheting and sewing. Keeps me busy.
I love the way these two sort of spill off their beds. The teddy bears belong to Jinx. She has had one since she was a puppy and holds them in her paws and sucks on the noses. I guess if she had a thumb she would suck that.
Black cats can be very hard to photograph so I was quite pleased with the play of shadows with Minnie.
It's coffee group this afternoon so I will go and put some washing away, defrost some soup for dinner and then head out.
Life is pretty damn good.





Love your last sentence. Everything looking rosy. PENGUIN
ReplyDeleteWow, your life is full of good things! I'm glad for you. Have you seen the yes2next videos on YouTube? I use them for great exercise, plenty of variety, especially since the hip replacement.
ReplyDelete"Life is pretty damn good." is wonderful and I'm glad. The dogs are beautiful. I shared my bed with Charlie last night, he's pretty good at rolling into a ball so he doesn't take up too much room, but this morning he stretched out and laid on me. He's quite heavy.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying walks too.
I, too, often find the last two days before my medication to be a bit more of a challenge. I'm about to start my third increase of dosage though, so hopefully, that will help.
ReplyDeleteIt does indeed sound like you are busy and happy and I am so glad for that. You and Himself have absolutely made major changes in your life in the time that I've been reading here. I admire that very much.
Everything is going in the right direction for you, and that's good. Keep on enjoying life. 😊
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping you get a much better neighbor! (Hard to see how you could get a worse one!)
ReplyDeleteAll positive on your side of the planet. Hope it lasts!
ReplyDeleteI found my physiotherapist quite good at working out what exercise is appropriate for what I needed.
ReplyDeleteThat is disappointing to hear about the Men's Shed and I'm glad he found a better one. I would worry about meeting members of the former on the street and being asked why you stopped visiting.
You seem so busy. I hope you keep enough 'me' time aside.
Oh yay about the crazy lady moving. It’s always hard finding doctors you can talk too. I’m glad you found two.
ReplyDeleteIt’s been cold, wet and very windy here. No outdoor entertainment. Except for the Sunday it was nice for the afternoon and we got out
Knitting, sewing and crocheting here as well
I hope you get those meds settled for you
Lovely cat and shadow photo. I had my tonsils out at 19 and they wouldn't bring me ice cream!
ReplyDeleteWegovy is now available here. I toyed with the idea of trying it, but it's very expensive ($600+) a month, and I know I just can't do the injections again. I freak out at the thought now. As for horrid neighbours, don't get me started. At least yours is moving. I have to wait for ours to DIE. OMG that sounds so awful, but it's the truth. Right, catch ya next time I am not so damn lazy, and actually read a few blogs!
ReplyDeleteHi, how are you going? Peta
ReplyDeleteJust popping in to say hello. We miss you in blogland! Hope you're doing OK!
ReplyDelete