My last post suggested that I was on the mend. I spoke too soon as the cough and congestion waxes and wanes and tantalises me with a day of feeling better then hits me a day of feeling like death warmed up.
Anyway I saw this little chap ...
... and these two beauties - I could have touched them and they probably would have let me which is a concern as wildlife should not be tame astourists are stupid not everyone understands not to feed/touch wild animals ...
Other than that very brief sojurn I was basically housebound with the lurgy. I did my U3A stuff and then would come home and veg on the couch.
... and these two beauties - I could have touched them and they probably would have let me which is a concern as wildlife should not be tame as
The beach was wild and windy and cold and I loved every bit of it.
Other than that very brief sojurn I was basically housebound with the lurgy. I did my U3A stuff and then would come home and veg on the couch.
When I was in Melbourne Three and I bought ourselves a bread making pan from Aldi. (It turns out Angela did as well).
The last time I cooked a slow cooker casserole I had enough liquid left over to freeze as a soup base and yesterday was the perfect soup day. I used the left over casserole, some frozen stock from god knows when and a bucket full of veges and made enough soup for 3 meals for both of us and one serve for one of us. I popped some parmesan on the bread with sesame seeds and it was an ideal winter dinner.
I had a doctor's appointment booked for tomorrow for my next script of Wegovy. I am pleased with how things are going. The food noise is subdued, the hunger is less intense and I haven't weighed myself once. I have one more dose in the fridge so need a new script filled and in my hot little hands by Wednesday of next week. This evening the GP practice rang me to say that my GP has called in sick and they have to reschedule. I have been given an appointment with a doctor I have not seen before for next Tuesday at 4pm. I hope this doctor doesn't get sick. I hope that she will give me the script. I hope that the chemist will have stock of the drug. I also found out that my GP only works one day a week here and one day in Bairndsale so getting see her regularly could be a problem.
It is not the end of the world if I don't get the script except it sort of is. It took a lot of soul searching and courage to even make the appointment to discuss this. My GP said that she would only prescribe if she can monitor me on a monthly basis. She also said that if I miss a dose I have to drop back to the minimum which isn't an issue yet as I am still on the minimum.
I am thinking of doing something I said I never would and investigate on-line doctors just for this. If it means I get a guaranteed continuity of supply then I feel I have to consider this option.
Lord, I sound like a drug addict. It would be easier to get ice.
I was meant to be going to NSW on Friday to spend a long weekend with Two and his lot but they have come down with Covid. There is a particularly nasty weather event forecast for when I would be driving over the mountain so probably not a bad thing I can't go but it doesn't help me feel any better.
I have made falafels for dinner with spicy harissa veges which is perfect for this very cold winter's evening so I shall go and throw them in the oven, pour a glass of red wine and get over myself.






Sorry to hear that the lurgy hasn't released its hold on you. It's just as well you're not travelling anywhere.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel about worrying that you'll get your continued dosages. I have jokingly likened it to being a junkie. But in reality, it's nothing like that. The only feelings of elation are those related to the knowledge that we are getting help.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you're not shaking that damn virus or whatever it is. You will. Be patient.
That soup looks exactly like something I would make.
Winter bugs are making the rounds in your part of the world it sounds like. Our fucking provincial government will no longer cover the cost of covid vaccinations, so $330 for our family. Our provincial goverment is run but a bunch of right wing nutbars. I'll stop now before my blood pressure goes up more:)
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful and it hope you're feeling better before too long. I know that when I had covid the first time, it took months, but the second time was a speedier recovery.
Nice blue skies. We haven't seen much of those here of late.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of anyone getting Covid of late, but clearly it is still around.
Getting an appointment with your own doctor has become harder and harder. I'm losing loyalty to mine, and so if I see one doctor once a the same practice and they are ok, I will see them again.
I do hope you get over the horrid lurgy. I know how hard it is to find a doctor you can trust and talk too. Even having to drive to bairnsdale, to get to see her, I’d do it.
ReplyDeleteI do love my new bread making pan and I like the way you have baked the pull apart buns. I might try that next.
I found a stash of fabrics, you can read about it on the blog, and found a cute panel for a scarecrow door stopper.
Was it one you gave me? I’m curious as to who did.
Feel better soon
The beach photos are beautiful, the water is so blue. It looks like covid is never going away, it's like the flu now, pops up every year in different varieties. I hope you get your prescription.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything medical works out well for you. I was just switched from Trulicity to Ozempic for Type II Diabetes which was not controlled after I had a Stroke in December. The secondary benefit is it could help with Weight loss, which would be really nice. That Beach is lovely, I'm now having Beach Envy!!! *Winks*
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your prescription in time. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a backup plan, so yeah, I can see investigating an online source. That first bird is very strange -- what IS that thing?
ReplyDeleteUgh! Covid rears its ugly head yet again!
I think a backup is a good idea, just to relieve the anxiety about having enough medication. I'd check it out just in case.
ReplyDelete