Saturday, 30 May 2026

Getting better

I still have the lurgy but it is improving. It has meant that I have done bugger all other than knit and listen to my current favourite podcast: "a short history of ..." on Noiser if you're interested - very well done and looks at all sorts of historical stuff in ways that make you think differently about stuff we were taught in school.

Anyway. At least I don't have to wear the cone of shame ...


Poor Jinx. She still keeps licking her nethers which causes ulceration. We think she might have a bit of urine leakage which isn't uncommon in speyed dogs so we're trying hormone replacement. The joys of being a female of a certain age. I can relate but I don't lick my nethers.

The scarf I'm knitting for Two continues to grow. I'm using a NZ merino/possum blend. It's so soft and fluffy without shedding like a lot of fluffy yarns do. It's a blue grey and the possum gives a gentle brownish tinge. Once it's finished and blocked I'll show you. 


I am also knitting a vest for me. I made one for the Mermaid a couple of years ago. It's an easy pattern but has a design to keep it interesting. Also vest = no sleeves so I will finish it before I get bored. Why do sleeves take soooooo long to knit?

Clouds this evening...
 

4 comments:

  1. I must admit, for a long time I didn't bother looking to see if you had any new posts. So glad I looked today, you are back. Love reading everything you write.

    So sorry for your loss of your aunt. Not sorry for your loss. (weight) Way to go girl.
    Hope you are feeling better from the bug you had.
    Looking forward to hearing from you on blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needlework is so impressive. And don't ask me why sleeves take so long to knit. I've never knitted a sleeve in my life.
    Poor Jinx indeed. And no, I don't think it would be a good idea for us to lick our nether parts even if we possibly could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeves are as big, almost, as fronts and backs. I used to cram both onto one needle, so as to end together and avoid the second sleeve procrastination syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're well soon, just remembered you are coming into winter so maybe something is going around. We are enjoying some nice weather before the real heat arrives!

    ReplyDelete