The bike is called Zog. Thanks Jan. This may change but it sits well with me at the moment.
And I have been hopping on Zog for a few minutes at a time. Interestingly so has everyone else in the family! Tonight I plan to spend about half an hour on it whilst watching some telly. This will be the test.
Yesterday we didn't do much. Himself had to pick some stuff up from his Melbourne office so we went out there and I showed him the unit in the retirement village that parents are planning to buy. They sold their house at the weekend and got a good price for it.
Today I did a quick clean - kitchen and floors only and then had lunch with The Mermaid. I haven't seen her for ages. It was a bit of a rushed time as she had to be back at work by 3 but we will have a decent catch up next week when she has afternoons off (school holidays). Then back home to hit my books. BORING! Lordy, it's boring. I know it's important but the study materials came on CD and I've printed them off and the quality is very poor. They have been photocopied and some of the writing is blurry and it frustrates me trying to make it out. And there is so much of it.
Three was driving the old Benz and rang to tell me that he thinks the power steering is going so he took it to the garage to be looked at. Himself tells me that it only needs the fluid topping up but I am proud the Three had the nouse to sort the thing out himself. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg. So he has now taken my car to drop his ex-girlfriend (who is still very much on the scene but only as a friend, mum) home. When he gets back we'll go to the supermarket to get the ingredients for dinner.
I have started doing more 'real' cooking with proper ingredients and not just out of a jar. It certainly tastes better and the kids are eating it. I think that's when I got fed up with cooking, when the kids were either not home or wouldn't eat what I'd prepared. Two has just rung and he will also be home for dinner so creamy chicken penne it is. I buy the Australian Good Taste magazine every month and they have some yummy easy recipes in it. That's another thing - I am more likely to cook from scratch if it's as quick and easy as using a jar and the AGT recipes are certainly that.
Last evening we made meatballs. Well I decided on meat balls and chose the recipe and Himself made them. They were delicious. We had them in tomato sauce on fettucine. The evening before we had steak with roasted pumpkin and red onion, thyme potates and smashed peas.
It's 4.45 (daylight saving ended yesterday - happy happy happy days) so I'll go and try and get another 45 minutes of study done before Three gets home and we go shopping.
Ohhh Sheba is beautiful! My two would have done exactly the same thing. :o) Love the bike too - great stuff!
ReplyDeletexoxo