Thursday, 1 March 2007

a wake up call?

Yesterday I was feeling a tad ordinary at work. A mate took my blood pressure.





170/110





Normal is 120/80 or less




And the lower reading is the scary one. ie 110 rather than 80



This is stroke material.



I told Himself. And got the "you need to do something about this .... we both do" which I interpreted as "You're a fat cow, lose weight".



I took an anti-hypertensive this morning (and will continue so to do) and felt light headed and icky all day. Same colleague took my BP today .... 140/80. Much better but explains the feeling that I was going to fall over every time I bent down.



On Monday I have a doctor's appointment. I am not looking forward to this. I know I will get the lecture about taking myself off medication, lose weight and sundry other things. The medication thing I will take the rap for but if he tells me to lose weight then he will get the "Gee, thanks for pointing out the obvious, how do you suggest I DO this?" talk.



Work is pretty good.



I am home alone ..... telly time .... my choice!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Crap! Wish I'd read this entry on this blog before commenting on your other blog!!! lol.
    Not good Caro... but glad you got your BP checked...I wonder how many people are running around with high BP and don't even know it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, girl. That is scary as hell.

    ReplyDelete