This is what happens when a watermelon is launched at a car's windscreen (One's car in March, I did tell you about it).
Speaking of One, he and Emma are not going well. She is, understandably to a point, twitchy about LGF but that doesn't give her the right to check his phone and emails after he told her that he was no longer in contact with LGF! It was rather a messy weekend and he has decided to break up with her (they have been going out for a whole week!!). He really needs to focus on his upcoming entrance exam for the fire brigade and then getting his fitness levels up to scratch. He needed to know that he CAN get a girlfriend but isn't ready for another full on relationship. Especially with someone so insecure. Three and Tina had issues over the weekend as well and they broke up last night but he has just told me that all is now cool between them. I dare say I'll get the full story when he wakes up properly! Two and GGF are as strong as ever. She has irritated me somewhat over the past few days as she has had a cold but you'd think she was dying. I think she was one of those kids who only really got attention from her busy, professional parents when she was sick. I am the daughter of one of those and experienced it a bit myself as a kid so I know what it's like. But when Two said they were going to the casualty department of a busy public hospital on FRIDAY night because she had had a bit of temperature for a couple of days I was a tad unsympathetic! I told them they'd be waiting for 10 hours if they were lucky and she would be sent home with instructions to drink plenty of water, rest and take panadol. She has a viral infection, for god's sake. If she can drag herself out of bed to have countless cigarettes, eat normally, play trivial pursuit and go shopping she is not at death's door and therefore does not need to see a doctor - especially not a doctor in an overstretched emergency department!
I went with One to buy some shoes on Saturday from a shoe shop that specialises in fitting exercise shoes and assesses your gait on a treadmill on a screen. One had some major issues with his ankles turning in (and wearing shoes that were too small) and got fitted with a good pair that weren't that expensive. I was told the shoes I had were appropriate for only 10% of the population but when my gait was assessed was told that I am part of that 10%!! So no new shoes for me but I will be back there when I need my next pair. I was most impressed that I wasn't sold a pair even though I tried.
So I had to get my retail therapy fix and went shopping yesterday to buy some new sunglasses. I found a pair that were only $50 with a further 25% off (and they're Cancer Council ones so are really good for my eyes). Then I bought a new purse which is a bit like a clutch cos it has a handle which is handy for when I just grab my phone, keys and purse cos I don't always like lugging a handbag around. And then I found a really nice handbag so I got that as well. And then I went to the Vodaphone shop to enquire as to why my phone cuts people off and ended up with a new phone for nothing (we just signed up for a further 24 months on my existing plan but get an extra $100 worth of free calls a month as well). Two will get my old phone. My new phone has blue tooth and GPS. I'm sure this is very important!! If I ever drive to Sydney again I might not get lost. I do love my gadgets.
I baked some brownies over the weekend. Chocolate cheesecake brownies and raspberry, macadamia and white chocolate blondies (white brownies!!). Very nice but they have all gone now which is good. I love baking but need other people to eat the results. Quickly.
One and I hit the park this morning. We did a lap and a half and then I ran across the park from side to side on the grass as per my instructions from Fireman Sam. Ran one way, walked back and repeated 4 more times. It felt fucking fantastic. My shin tweaked a tiny bit but I think it was more memory pain (I made that up but it sounds plausible) and my back was fine. A bit tender afterwards but nothing untoward and normal for me. I will do my stretches and see the physio this evening and, if all is well, will do this again on Wednesday and Friday. I'll do an hour's walk tomorrow and Thursday. Plus all my other bits and pieces of exercise. I need to crank things back up again.
So. It's Monday morning. One has just rung to say he as broken off with Emma but all seems OK there. Three is in the shower and will need a lift to the station. Himself is at work. He's been a bit cranky lately but that's another post. Two will be at GGF's place until Wednesday. Time for me to hop in the shower and get my day underway. I spent so much time running around yesterday I haven't even taken my new phone out of it's box so that will be my major task for the day. And some time on ET and to the supermarket (I want to make a chicken pie for dinner with pastry and stuff) and a good long walk this afternoon. If I get time I might start going through my wardrobe getting rid of my really fat clothes.
Have a good day.
Yay for getting rid of fat clothes! And yay for inspiring the rest of us to get off our asses.
ReplyDelete