In my book the best outcome would be for them both to be assessed for low level care and to get them to move into an appropriate residential facility. My brothers agree and we are gently heading that way. Our fears are that even if we can get Dad home, it won't take much to reduce his levels of function and we will be back to square one.
*******************************
Today is One's 26th birthday. Where have the years gone? He had a bbq at his and Ebz' new place (very close to us) on Saturday night. We supplied the meat, the bread, the salads! And gave him a patio heater for his birthday. As he pointed out we gave him food and warmth for his birthday!! And seeing as we have helped with the rent and bond on the new place we can add shelter to that as well!!
With everything that has happened I have decided to make myself unavailable for work for the foreseeable future. I wasn't really happy with some aspects of the company I was working for; or to be more precise, one person in particular but this person wields a lot of clout. Anyway, this way I can be available to take Mum in to see Dad every week day if necessary (Dr Teacher does weekends and Other Brother is down again next week so can do some of the running around then). Also we can do the leg work to get things in place so, hopefully, we won't be caught on the back foot if/when something like this happens again.
Diet and exercise have taken a back seat of late.
Nuff said.
.jpg)
Glad things are on a more positive note than you thought. That is good news. I'm not to this point with my parents yet - they are still sprightly, young and fully independent. I dread when it may happen.
ReplyDelete26! Time does fly doesn't it. I can't believe my Elder is 24....
I hope it all works out for your Dad.
ReplyDeleteGood that you are stopping work for a while... sounds like you need to be there for your family.
Oh God, Cazza. You and I are right there in the same boat, aren't we? Not that it's all about US, it's our parents who are really suffering but it's not easy to watch. And it quickly takes over your whole life.
ReplyDeleteOne's birthday BBQ sounds fun--and I love the "food and warmth" for his birthday.
Take care of yourself during this difficult time. I am reminding myself at the same time that I am reminding you!