"In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on" - Robert Frost
Tuesday, 20 July 2010
Life rolls on
I have mentioned before that we have an abundance of bird life where we live. This little fella is one of several that often visit. Unfortunately this photo doesn't do his spectacular colours justice.
Dad remains in rehab. He is slowly progressing and the plan is to get him home with increased support. If he can't manage then at least he's given it his best shot. Other Brother is down and has been going through their financial stuff. It is scary how little both parents seemed to know about their financial situation and it makes me realise how easy it is for crooks to rip off the vulnerable ones in our community.
Mum is doing OK. She is trying hard to do more for herself. I doubt we will ever truly know what she is capable of and what she has been capable of in the past. She still fusses over food but my attitude is that we have made sure she has access to food (someone comes in every day to heat up her evening meal and there is bread and protein drinks and nuts available all the time) so if she chooses not to eat that is her decision. We are not going to play those games again.
Two and GGF are in Japan. We speak to them daily on Skype and they are having a wonderful time.
I am still not working and not sure what my plans are in this regard.
And on that note I shall go and clean out the pantry! It's long overdue and will make me feel that I am contributing something to the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The rosella is beautiful. It's calming to know that when everything seems darker than it should be, things like this can still come along and lift the spirits.
ReplyDeleteHope your dad is out of rehab and back on his feet soon and all goes well for your mother.
Japan! Lucky things! I follow a blog of an ex colleague and he makes everything look so ... foreign! :) But fascinating.
I tried, but I couldn't find a link to that song, only the lyrics. *sigh*