Thursday, 22 July 2010

Respite

As I think I've mentioned Other Brother is down and has taken over the mother runs.  He has also been delving into the parents' financials.

He has found some amazing things and we are confident that whatever happens they will be able to fund their lifestyle.

Today Mrs Other and I spent the day together.  We had A Ball!  We shopped.  And shopped.  And shopped.  And had lunch.  And shopped.  And had coffee.  And visited Dad.

Super dooper bonus?  SALES!!  We bought shoes ($330 reduced to $80).  Tops ($100+ reduced to just over $50)  Mrs Other bought a bag ($129 reduced to $40).  Lunch was delicious.  We went to the Oriental Tea House in Chadstone - why would you eat at the food halls with restaurants like these so readily available.  And the gastronomic highlight was coffee and cake at the Lindt shop.  And Mrs Other bought me some macarons (however you spell them) as a thank you.  I can't wait to try them.

Then we went to see Dad.  He was delighted to see me but was quick to point out how long it has been since I visited.  Nothing wrong with his brain!!

Mother is being assessed on Monday for aged care assistance.  Dad will be assessed either just before or just after his discharge.  This will give us the paperwork necessary to start looking at residential care options for the future although fingers firmly crossed that we won't need it.

So life trundles on.





2 comments:

  1. Lindt! Bargains! You sound like you had SO much fun.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. shopping... sales..bargins... *drool* lol

    ReplyDelete