I could have sworn I just posted but obviously not.
Last week was a bit of a scattered week. Had my therapy on Tuesday and saw the psych on Wednesday and it all sort of went downhill from there! One thing the psych did tell me to do was to have a nap in the afternoon if I needed it and I have found it does make a big difference. The Acceptance Commitment Therapy is also making a big impact. Not always easy to do but when I manage it I can see the difference.
Baby steps, I guess.
We popped into to see the parents today (Melbourne Cup Day so public holiday) and Two and I saw them on Saturday. Dad is really struggling with his speech and Mum is frustrated but they are plodding along. I keep putting a lot of things off (like looking at residential care) hoping that it won't be needed but I am going to have to bite the bullet and do it or we will be caught with our pants down so to speak. I think I'm avoiding it cos it's not something I want to admit is happening. Oh well.
It's Dad's 92nd birthday on Sunday and we'll all be together at Dr Teacher's place. We're all looking forward to that as it will the first time we've all been together since last Christmas and, obviously, since the stroke (or The Event as Dad refers to it).
We went to a 60th birthday party today (Himself's ex boss) and it was lovely. I was very reluctant (mental illness will do that to you) but I'm so glad I went.
Hopefully will get a good long walk in with my walking WW buddy tomorrow and I'm really excited about the new WW program which will be rolled out in the next few weeks.
Himself has lost 4.2 kgs in two weeks on WW. I am so proud of him. I can see the difference. With any luck this will mean he can avoid a CPAP machine for his sleep apnoea.
And thus ends Tuesday 2nd November, 2010!!!!!
well done Himself!!
ReplyDeleteWill be interested to see the new WW program...any hints on what they are doing?
Well done to Himself. And you too. Small steps, a little at a time.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your dad. 92 is a good run I say. Whoo!
Have a great week.