Tuesday, 3 January 2012

I have great hopes for 2012

This year has to be better than the last two.

We had a lovely Christmas with SS and his fambly down from Qld.  What does one call one's stepson's stepkids?  Do two steps cancel out and they become grandkids?  Regardless, they are gorgeous and we had a fabulous time.

The parents are OK.  Dad seems happy.  But then he always does.  Mum has her days but when she has a bad day we remind her where she actually was ... ie, starving, falling over and not coping. In the aged care facility they are well fed, safe, entertained and treated like family.

Himself is still not working.  The sad thing is he would love to be able to retire but our super is up the creek.  I thought I had a really good part time job but it fell through.  Need to rethink.

He has a project car and is doing some courses on line. Crazy, but I miss him when he's not sitting up here with me!!

Kids are OK.  One and Ebs are building a house.  Two seems to be happy - new job and newish girlfriend. Three has a new job also but still with same girlfriend.  Dogs and cats are thriving.

I am still seeing my psych and am redoing the ACT course with far more benefits this time.

Yes ... life is looking better :)

Himself has emerged from the garage.  Will go and spend time with him...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sparkling! Glad your new year is off to a waaaay better start. Here's to a continuance of same.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    Glad to hear the optimism in your voice.
    X

    ReplyDelete