I HATE the heat!! It's in the high 30s today! Last week we struggled to get into the 20s. Guess that's Melbourne for you. Sydneysiders always give us grief over our weather but I reckon we can beat them hands down at the moment.
We (meaning Himself and Two) have ripped the kitchen out of the parents' unit. In some cases back to the brickwork. I am hoping we can get someone to help us fix it up so we don't have to keep doing the drive up there.
On Saturday when Himself and Two went and finished the wrecking job I stayed home and attacked the kitchen. Gave it a really good clean with bleach and polish and stuff. And moved a lot of things off the benches and into cupboards so it looks much cleaner and spacious. I love having the kitchen/living area altogether but it easily gets cluttered. Yesterday was the turn of the pantry and tomorrow I'll do the fridge. If I tackle an area at a time it will eventually get done.
I went to the gym this morning and feel great. I am going in the morning for a run and some core work before I go to the osteo. Fake it til you make it is my new motto!!
The local council newsletter had an ad for volunteers to help with literacy skills in year 7 students at a local high school. Sad that they can get all the way through primary school and still struggle but at least the school is doing something about it. I rang today and asked to speak to the person in the ad only to be told she's not back from leave until the 31st. So why tell people to ring and ask for her from today? Sheesh!! Now ... should I apply for my working with children clearance straight away in case I am successful or should I wait. I suppose it will make me appear pro-active if I already have it. That's assuming the woman ever calls me back! Don't worry, if I haven't heard from her by early Feb I'll be ringing the school.
We took Tom (our 12 year old tabby - the best cat in the whole world) to the vet today because he's losing his fur. Looks quite moth eaten, poor puss. Vet seemed a bit vague as to cause. Ruled some things out and then gave him a shot of long acting cortisone. Hopefully it will stop whatever is causing it. He does seem to be overgrooming which is not uncommon in pets. Angus had his 12 month vaccinations and heartworm shot. Pets aren't cheap, are they?!
Cold chook and salad for dinner. Yum. Himself has made his potato salad. Double Yum!!
Yes, why would they put contact date today when she's not even available till the end of the month? Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of fun.
I'm glad you're feeling great after that exercise. I keep telling myself yes! But the bod refuses to obey...