Thursday, 28 June 2012

Counting down

On Sunday Himself flies up to Sydney to start his first week of work in 9 months. 

He will miss this ....



 


He has found a studio apartment just around the corner from where he will be working so I can go and stay with him and he will be able to make it a bit of a home from home.
I have struggled having him home for so long, as much because of how hard he found the experience of job hunting.  I am going to really miss him and need to be mindful of my state of mind so I don't slip back into depression.  I have lots of sewing projects planned.   I have two dogs to walk twice a day.  I have gym 3 times a week.  I bought a book today on how to draw.  Two is living here now and will require feeding.  And I have good friends to catch up with during the week.  I should be fine.  :)
And of course I have two of these ...
 


I am most surprised with this whole cutting out wheat/sugar thing.  I don't crave either.  Today Himself and I went for coffee and I had a slice which is mainly nuts and sugar (from habit not need or desire I later realised).  It was disgusting but used to be my fave.  It was waaaaaay too sweet.  Last night we went out for dinner and I had my favourite ever panna cotta for dessert which I have never found too sweet but .... ew.  A friend has given me her recipe for panna cotta which only has 50gms of sugar.  I will give it a go but think I can almost remove the sugar. 

Wheat ... I have had a little bit of bread now and again (see habit above) but the next day I have symptoms which I used to put down to too much wine but I haven't changed the amount I'm drinking (one thing at a time and that's next on the list).  The best bit?  I'm not constantly looking for something to eat or thinking about my next meal.

Oh, to live a life where I don't have to count anything, don't think of food all the time and don't crave "healthy" stuff  (bread, pasta, etc).  I think I might have found it.  But I'm not setting anything in stone just yet.  I've learnt THAT lesson before.


2 comments:

  1. It's great that things are looking up workwise for Himself. Surely that will be a boost to his self esteem. It sounds like you have yourself set up to stay busy while he's away too. I'm sure it will pass quickly. :)

    My daughter is also trying to cut out wheat. She tried it for a while when she was staying with us. It was really hard to find things that she could eat that didn't cost a fortune! Good luck and keep us updated with your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will cope just fine with Himself away working... you have strategies in place to help you get through it.
    Stew was home unemployed for a whole year many years ago... it was very hard... so I can understand how it has been for you two.
    I hope all goes well with him on his own too. It won't be easy for him either I am sure.

    ReplyDelete