Our premier announced this morning further easing of our restrictions. The border between NSW and Victoria will be opened. As of midnight we no longer have to wear masks outdoors as long as we are socially distanced. We can have more people to our homes. We can visit cafes (as long as they observe certain conditions) and hopefully by Christmas we can have 30 people a day in our homes. Not that that is an issue for us - we don't know 30 people to invite!
Speaking of Christmas, it's becoming more and more of a hassle each year trying to get the boys and their families together. Because One and Three married into divorced families their Christmas gatherings have been spread out over days (and One and Ebs go to Bendigo because that's where her extended family is). I understand this but have got so pissed of that no one seems to take into consideration that THIS side of the family would like to spend time with their kids, wives and children on a day close to actual Christmas Day. I know I will never have them for Christmas Day but Boxing Day would have been nice.
This year we are celebrating on the day AFTER Boxing Day - the challenge will now be for One and Three to work out who will host it as they both want to.
This time last year I threw my hands up and said I would go on a cruise for Christmas from 2020 on. Well I guess that will never happen! You would have to pay me an enormous amount of money to even consider setting foot on a cruise liner. Ditto overseas flights at the moment, too.
Because of the years of angst around this time of year and the fact that Himself has always hated it my stress levels are currently heading skywards. Add to the mix that I now have to start looking for work again to keep being eligible for the benefit I'm on which supplements Himself's aged pension and I am not in a pleasant place at the moment. I have another 2.5 years before I am eligible for the pension and am applying for jobs but dumbing myself right down. And that really feels weird.
And on that note I shall go and peruse the job sites.
No comments:
Post a Comment