This morning I dropped himself off at the hospital for his long awaited cataract surgery. Hopefully when the surgeon gets in there he won't find too much (if any) hidden damage from the accident 60 years ago. Himself is looking forward to better vision so fingers crossed.
Autumn is nearly over and winter is well and truly waiting in the wings. The trees have nearly lost all their leaves, although in typical Melbourne style many are already gearing up for spring. My birches are a lovely shade of gold and I keep looking to see if my daffodils are going to emerge again this year. They are early flowering but seem to be late erupting.
I ordered a weaving loom last weekend and it's being shipped from New Zealand. In the mean time I've been poring over youtube videos and am eagerly awaiting an actual book - in print!- to arrive to teach me the basics. I was completely unaware that there are different yarns for weaving and knitting/crocheting. I had assumed my stash would be enough. Some of it will, especially my cheap acrylic yarn for practicing. I will need to check the integrity of the rest of it to see if it can be used otherwise I shall have to buy some yarn for warping. It's a whole new language! I thought crochet was bad - weaving is another level. I am so excited to learn it, though. A lot of friends have jumped on the cricut wagon (a sort of cutting thing to make designs to put on fabric and other stuff - I think!) but it just doesn't tickle my fancy whereas weaving has always held a fascination for me. I met a woman at my favourite yarn shop a few weeks ago and she had some beautiful work then I saw a post on facebook (that site has cost me soooo much money!) where someone had used scheepjes whirls deconstructed to weave a couple of beautiful scarves so down the rabbit hole I went. I bought the smallest loom and was concerned I'd regret it but accessories aren't cheap so I figure if I really love it and want a bigger loom I can either have two or sell the smaller one.
Well, I guess I'd better go and take the hoonds for a walk before the rain sets in.
Oh well I didn't know you were blogging again! Glad to see it. Hope the hubby came out of his op alright.
ReplyDelete