Sunday, 16 May 2021

Sunday again

Where is the year going?

Every day is blurring into the next with some embarrassing consequences. I am meant to touch base with the student I volunteer with on a Tuesday only for some reason this week I thought we were a day behind so when I contacted her on Wednesday to ask if we could chat a bit later there was an oh crap moment. She is a lovely woman and very understanding so all was good and we chatted on Friday instead. I now have a post-it note stuck to my desk with her name on it!

Himself now has his cataract surgery booked for the 26th. Hopefully he won't get too stressed about it in the lead up but I fear that will happen as he is already showing signs. I had my eyes tested on Thursday and have small cataracts in both eyes. Not anything to worry about but with pressures consistently at the high end of normal and a family history of glaucoma I will see the same ophthalmologist at least for a base line so he can monitor things as I get older. The cataract in my right eye is small as I said, but it is right in the middle of my lens and did cause some issues with the eye test so I shall see what he says about that as well. I tell you, getting older has whiskers on it - but it is better than the alternative ... at the moment any way. 

I finished my first knitted jumper and I'm pleased with it. Yes, there are mistakes but that makes it unique, right? I am working on Himself's now and just hope it will fit him. I don't want to have to pull it back and start again.

Weight loss has stalled a bit. Self sabotage and cooler weather. But I am not gaining so will keep on keeping on until things click again.

The two dogs are lying at the back door whilst the damned Indian Minah birds walk past them into the house to raid their kibble bowl. So on that note I am going to make another cuppa and chastise my great big guard dogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment