Yup. Melbourne is in another lockdown due to an outbreak of Covid. I wonder in 20 years time what people will remember of these times. I wonder if it will be like the AIDS crisis of the 80s. At least with Covid we know the enemy even if we can't control it. Other countries must shake their heads. We go into lockdown over a cluster of 13 cases. They are dealing with thousands, tens of thousands of new cases and countless deaths. People are complaining that they can't get vaccinated. Well, they have had ample opportunity but were complacent until now. My priority was the flu vax which I had on Monday and now have another week to wait until I can get the Covid jab. I must say I am not looking forward to it as I have heard of many people having quite unpleasant reactions but I really don't want to contract Covid as the older I get the more chest infections I seem to get. The payback for years of smoking in my younger days.
Himself is thrilled with the results of his surgery. The doctor said it was complicated because of all the scarring but is pleased with the outcome. I have to put drops in his eyes 4 x a day for 4 weeks.
My loom arrived on Friday. I am most impressed with the speed of delivery. I have waxed the timber and assembled it and am now reading the instructions before I have a go at warping it and weaving my first item. Probably a placemat! Or two. I am being very controlled and will use cheap acrylic for my first few attempts before using more expensive yarn.
No comments:
Post a Comment