Today was a better day.
We took the dogs for a walk up to the lookout. On the way back we met a woman pruning a vicious bougainvillea in her front garden. Himself offered to lend her his large shears so he took the dogs home and I was shown around her back garden. He returned, still with the dogs, gave her the shears and we took the dogs down for a walk along the waterfront. Then up to the block where they had a really good run on the vacant blocks and said hello to the dogs behind us.
The Mermaid rang for a chat - she's bored and lonely but still won't consider moving down here!
A trip to Aldi to buy some books for my collection for the grandkids, Woolies for hamburger makings and back home to waste time on the computer.
It is now cold and dark and I am having a scotch (and raising my glass to Andrew in memory of his mum who died very recently). It doesn't matter how old we get or how old and difficult our parents become, they are still our parents and we grieve when they go. Sometimes, the more complicated the relationship was the harder the grieving process becomes.
Tomorrow we both have our first appointment at the medical clinic here. We will be seeing a locum but the main thing is to get on their system so we can see a doctor when we need to (or at least within 3 or 4 weeks of needing to!).
My plans to bake, weave, knit, crochet and ride my bike are still gurgling away in the recesses of my brain. They will happen.
Thank you. Tears welled in my eyes. You are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteIt's a tough time. You're in my thoughts
DeleteI had to google "Woolies". I had no idea that Woolworths is a grocery store in Australia!
ReplyDeleteYes. Give yourself some time to rest and settle. I think you are probably doing all you need to do.
They used to be Safeway.
DeleteAll those plans can just sit a while. You'll get to them.
ReplyDeleteIndeed. I wish I had a tenth of your energy and get up and go.
DeleteIt's true -- the death of a parent is always transformative.
ReplyDeleteYou have recently gone through it, too. It is always hard.
DeleteI remember trying to prune a bouganvillea years ago, the thorns were longer than my thumbs, well they seemed to be, and the plant was only a year old.
ReplyDeleteThey are nasty plants but protect baby birds from predators so I don't mind them.
Delete