Friday, 18 August 2023

FFFFFFFreezing

It is bitterly cold today. It is also wet and windy. I am not complaining about the rain as we desperately need it and I like the sound of the wind but the cold gets into your bones.

We didn't walk today but took the dogs up to the block between showers for a good run.

I was going to bake a loaf of bread but we have half a loaf of Aldi bread that I don't want to waste so maybe tomorrow. Himself has made a spag bol for dinner. It is certainly comfort food weather. I should break out the slow cooker and make a casserole. 

I had also planned to dig out the large loom but it's in the garage behind a whole lot of stuff and just ... meh.

The knitting is sitting on the coffee table which is better than in my tub of projects. I might even open the bag and take it out and look at it later!

Jinx's nether regions seem to be improving after two nights of the cone of shame. She still yelps when I clean her but I am keeping everything crossed we can avoid the surgery.

And that, folks is the thrilling day we have had. Don't know why I bothered to write anything, really!!      

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

17 comments:

  1. Hi it is bitterly cold here too...cold wind...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know August is the coldest month but really - this is crazy cold!

      Delete
  2. I'm still reading... I just don't comment often. I hope you are feeling a bit better than the other day, it's hard when you move to make new contacts and especially when you miss family. Your new home will be lovely and something to look forward to. The cold will be gone soon and then it will be too hot, always the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will take the cold over the heat any day. I hope the house stays cool in the summer or I will be very grumpy. And living in the country I can't just retreat to a large shopping centre or a movie theatre.

      Delete
  3. Your 'thrilling' day sounds more thrilling than mine. Life is not always beer and skittles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as it has red wine and cheese or scotch and almonds life is ok.

      Delete
  4. Our seasons are not really opposite, I think. I hear about spring starting but here it's still late summer, will be till first frost, usually in mid October. Except that today sounds wintry for you. Yes, warm food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live further north than we are south, if that makes sense. In that you get very cold winters whereas we don't really. No major population centres get snow like you do.

      Delete
  5. It is literally impossible for me to imagine bitter cold right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not envy you one bit. I will take bitter cold over humid heat any day!

      Delete
  6. Cool here, we had torrential rain, high winds as a result of a thunderstorm going through the area. Travelling to have a visit with GD, I had to pull off the road for a few minutes as I could not see where I was going. The rain was horizontal with the winds.
    I like reading your day to day happenings. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. I find other people's lives so much more interesting than mine.
      That sort of driving is always nerve wracking.

      Delete
  7. Fingers crossed Jinx continues to heal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite concerned about her, Steve. She has started doing some weird coughing in the evenings lately and seems a bit flat but Murphy is such a boisterous buffoon it's probably comparing her with him.

      Delete
  8. It’s cold and wet and miserable here today.
    Although I love art class, not looking forward to an hour in a cold shed
    After that I’ll come home, sit in front of the fire and continue with my crochet
    Not much else to do in this weather.
    Good news on jinx. Fingers crossed an op won’t be needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If an op is needed I can see a trip to Melbourne for second opinion from our old vet.

      Delete
  9. Your reply to Steve has me thinking perhaps a complete head to toe inside and out examination might be needed for Jinx. Blood tests and all. The coughing and seeming flat are worrisome on top of the other thing.
    I hate bitter cold weather, I don't think Adelaide gets any, though we certainly feel cold enough every August.

    ReplyDelete