See all the fresh flowers and foliage scattered across the pavement? That, folks, is what a few bloody cockatoos can do in the blink of an eye. Imagine what damage a large flock can do over half an hour or so.
Jinx in her new collar. She doesn't seem to mind it but we still need to see if it stops her licking.
Another lovely sunny day. T-shirt weather. I am so screwed when it gets really hot!
We did the usual run up the block and walk along the foreshore. I bought Himself an early father's day present from the dogs. It is a small (about 170cm) replica of a rusty windmill one sees on properties for pumping water. This isn't it but near enough ...
We had both been eyeing it off with the idea of putting in the front garden in the new place. We get a lot of wind!
We then had sushi for a late lunch sitting overlooking the water.
The new installation is coming along really well. We will miss seeing Alfie when it's finished. He is quite the character and so proud of his work - as he should be. I can't wait to show you the end result. He has planned the plantings to represent the 5 clans and the land they inhabit from the mountains, through the lakes to the sea.
We are getting closer to contract signing with little issues being addressed and resolved.
Last night I spat the dummy and ripped out the sock I was knitting and started again. I had forgotten how to do a long-tail cast on. Google to the rescue and I think I found my rhythm. Now I need to do the first couple of rows of rib before joining in the round. If this attempt doesn't work I shall donate the existing sock to someone with one leg.
I have found my swift and winder. I think my needles are tucked away in a pouch somewhere. I found a candlewicking project I started many years ago (prompted by Boud's post on Hardanger which triggered the memory but not the name and sent me in search of the boxes containing the stuff I have done so far).
The bike is still unridden.


I am worried about the coming summer. I definitely think it’s going to be hot and dry.
ReplyDeleteHave a glass of gin and then attempt the sock again. I have faith in you
I started it yet again last night. It has one more chance.
DeleteWell at least Jinx seems comfortable in the collar. I hope it does the trick. I like the windmill!
ReplyDeleteSo far so good.
DeleteI know someone with one leg, she gets twice the value from every pair of socks she buys.
ReplyDeleteI have socks with Left and Right on them. I have no idea why.
DeleteA windmill for the garden will a great thing. Is the lot of wind associated with the sushi?
ReplyDeleteCheeky! It would be very awkward to make the windmill turn if it was.
DeleteCandlewick! I couldn't think what white work adjacent stitching you were thinking of. I remember when it was quite a craze, those tufts of soft cotton thread. I forget how we did it.
ReplyDeleteLots of colonial knots!
DeleteOh those bl**** knots - I tried it once, the ‘teachers’ idea was to do small blocks (to make a miniature sampler quilt) but rather than have to go through all the making up process I decided I’d rather do something larger ‘cushion cover size’ but she wasn’t happy with that. I ‘took my bat and ball’ (all the materials and instructions I’d paid for) and went home. I did begin a design I found in a craft book then the whole lot ended up being donated during a clear out.
ReplyDeleteIt was a block of the month thing. I think I am about a third of the way through to make a QS bedspread!
DeleteI love the windmill. We have one as well. Get the bike out though !
ReplyDeleteSoon!
DeleteDon't push yourself too hard. You are moving along well, I think.
ReplyDeleteSome days are better than others!
Delete