Saturday, 19 August 2023

Random bits

It was so windy today I reckon you could have almost surfed on the lake today!!



If you know, you know ...



I am sure it would be lovely, but why? Just why?


 

Himself has gone to join us up. You get discounted food and drinks, the menu looks pretty good and it seems to be the only place you can get Chinese food in Lakes at the moment. Plus they have pokies and I might need to adopt Andrew's get rich quick strategy and invest some money. I think we will be having dinner there tonight.

10 comments:

  1. It looks nice, but do people even have centrepieces anymore? I think the club will be good for your social life, not to mention meals you don't have to cook and clean up after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are popular in some circles but I cannot begin to imagine making one out of lego and then putting it on display!
      The club was interesting. I can't see it being somewhere to meet people but meet up with people you know? Definitely. And the meals were acceptable and inexpensive.

      Delete
  2. It was a good night then and I hope you left with a positive bank balance. Casual chats between pokie players can be nice and when you return, they may remember you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience very few pokie player chat! They are too fixated on the screen. It was a fun evening. I reinvested my meagre winnings for a bit more button pushing pleasure!

      Delete
  3. The club sounds like a nice drop in place. And Lego makes all kind of construction things now, but I can't see the fun of just reworking someone else's idea. Some people love it. All kinds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were kids we used to be given lego that wasn't in a kit. You made it up as you went along. We had windows and doors and roof tiles and garden bits and bobs. It was great fun and then we broke it all down and started again. These days some people even glue the pieces as the assemble so it can't be destroyed.

      Delete
  4. Once again I had to google an Australian term. "Pokies" are slot machines! Or what we call slot machines.
    That club looks pretty awesome, really, and I am NOT a club person.
    Your chart on hand scars needed no explanation. At various times I have had just about all of those except that I've never fought a dragon. Unless we call Maurice the cat a dragon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of your garden is a dragon in disguise. The club was OK. It won't be our favourite place but a good venue for a cheap, filling meal and a flutter on the pokies.

      Delete
  5. After working in the pokies room many years ago I just can’t stand all the noises they make. I feel like I have to rush over with my keys to fix them when they make the, something is wrong, noise.
    I do like a nice meal that I haven’t had to cook or clean up after.
    I’m sure you’ll have many wonderful evenings there in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are certainly spoiled for choice here, unlike Langy! I think I would go crazy if I had to work in a pokie room. That might explain a few things, eh?

      Delete