Well it looks as if the past 6 months have well and truly caught up with me.
I am feeling rudderless. I keep crying for no reason which really upsets Himself as he doesn't like to see me sad but there is nothing he nor I can do to fix something with no obvious cause.
I saw the new GP yesterday. I forgot to take important paperwork with me, couldn't remember the names of my medications or dates of procedures and must have come across as a total nuff nuff. Oh well. I will be better next time! Assuming he is there, of course. He is a locum and spends his time filling in for country practices all over Australia. We had a chat about why it is so hard to find doctors for rural populations and it all comes down to our new doctors not being properly trained to be able to practice in a small town so they lack confidence. In the old days family doctors did a bit of everything. These days everything is a speciality and a GP is basically a referral service. It does explain why we can't get doctors in the country but it doesn't bode well for the future as the old family type doctors who can do a bit of everything continue to retire.
While I was writing this Himself got a call from the builders with a final quote. It is better than we dreaded and means we are nearly at contract signing. We will go through the figures line by line just to make sure nothing has been missed but it looks as if we won't have to change anything to save a buck or two.
Next hurdle will be the council permit. I am hoping they won't take too long.
* * * * * * * * * * *
I wrote that this morning.
We have gone through the contract draft and apart from a couple of things that need minor clarification it all seems good to go. There will probably been some extra costs that can't be included at the moment that will depend on third parties like connection to the NBN and the like.
Himself walked the dogs but I stayed home. I just wasn't up to it.
Tomorrow is coffee group. I will probably go as it is someone to talk to but I really need to make some friends. It reminds me of when we first moved to Langwarrin and how desperately lonely I was. The craft group changed that. I have had a look at the local U3A and there are certainly some groups I would be interested in and I will suss them out a bit more.
Don't get me wrong. This is such a friendly place and I am not sorry we moved - I just need to find my feet and my people. And I do miss Three and his lot and knowing that a couple of good friends were only a call away for a coffee.
I think I may be affected by SAD which is crazy as autumn and winter are my favourite times of the year! August always seems to see me down and discombobulated.
I did pull out my knitting bag. I might even work on a sock tonight!
I apologise for the constant whingeing but it helps to put thoughts and feelings into words and brings things into perspective.
I have no answers except maybe a long distance shoulder to cry on. That back down to earth crash can be a hard one when everything has been going along so well. Is there such a thing as ‘post relocation depression’ ?
ReplyDeleteI say just take it slowly- no feeling ‘I must do…’ Lots of (((hugs))) coming your way 😘xx
Thanks, Cathy. They do say that moving house is up there for stressors.
DeleteFine to talk in here. Real life isn't all cheerful, and real life is what your blog's about. I think you're exhausted. You had eye surgery in the middle of all the moving and building issues. Not surprising you're struggling just now.
ReplyDeleteLiz, I think you're right. I am emotionally exhausted. I just need to take a step back.
DeleteEven good stressors are stressors. You wanted to move but it's a huge upheaval in life. It will get better. And talking about things, or writing, always helps I find. Sending hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pixie. You are so right. Even the most excitedly anticipated event can be stressful.
DeleteYou probably had so much adrenaline coursing through your body for six months when you were getting so much done, making such huge decisions, working so hard, that now your chemicals are pretty messed up. That is what I would think. I used to say sometimes, "My chemicals are bad today."
ReplyDeleteThings will resolve but yes, it is hard in the meantime. I'd give you a hug if I could.
I am going to steal that. When asked I shall reply "my chemicals are bad, today". You are indeed a wise woman.
DeleteYou sound exactly how I am at the present time as I am going though a huge upheaval at the present time. I try to take each day as it comes. Hope you are feeling better soon. Gin and tonic time?
ReplyDeleteOh Pat, I do hope you are OK. G & T certainly helps!
DeleteStalker…
ReplyDeleteCulture shock, Sparks
I reckon that’s what it is ..and the hurley burley of life changing decision making you and hubby have done over the past few months. Tears and turmoil go together but look at you now, in a beautiful location about to have your personalised home commenced . When spring
comes you will be in full bloom again at your sparkling best .
On your bike girl and smell the sea as you pedal . ♥️
I just need to work out how to get the bike down the very steep hill to the waterfront! But I will get out and enjoy the sunshine and sea air.
DeleteNever apologise for needing to unburden or for the way you feel. I suspect I suffer from SAD This year with the extra sunshine from my trip I’m going rather well. Although coming from such a high I did bounce when I hit reality.
ReplyDeleteThankfully your a crafter and it’s easy for us to connect with other crafters. You’ll be a local in no time and then going for a litre of milk will take you hours as you will stop to chat constantly.
Ps I’m just a message away if you need
Thanks, Angela. I am in the process of sussing out craft groups. I also need to hibernate for a bit and get my confidence back. I am looking forward to recognising people when I walk. Then I will feel more at home.
DeleteNo apologies necessary, we all have off days.
ReplyDeleteI had an off day today, Wednesday. I just felt incredibly sad. Yes, my mother has died and that was part of it, but just an overwhelming sadness.
ReplyDelete