I didn't go to the knitting session at the library. Himself didn't go to the Shed either, but he did go and speak to a couple of real estate agents. One place that looked promising but required the owner to take it off the sales market was a fail. He has had a really bad experience with tenants and just wants rid of it. Understandable. Another looks okish but the fence is dodgy and there is no garage or shed so nowhere to store stuff so that is also out. The cosy one close to the beach does have a large lock up shed as well as a 2 car carport and is well fenced. We are looking at it on Friday.
While he was out he spoke with the agent who is selling this place and she and her cronies will be around on Wednesday morning for a look see. I guess they need to know what they are selling, after all!
I still haven't heard back about the non-working light in the loo. I shall see if I have heard anything by Wednesday and just casually mention it, if not.
We then took the dogs on a different walk. This is part of the Kalimna jetty walk and the path goes around the bottom of the cliff to the North Arm where they had a splash in the water. We didn't do the walk up the hill but just retraced our steps to where we had parked the car.
It was a stunning day.
This is the actual Kalimna jetty
A bird - I think it might be a gull of some description
View from the walk
After dropping the dogs back home to dry off we went to the block to measure something or other. It appears someone may have tried to dig into the storm water pit on the back of our property. Something for Himself to take up with council.
Not a dicky bird from the builders today. We are a tad pissed off.
We then did further drive bys of potential rentals and, as I said above, Fish Street is looking pretty good. Friday will tell.
Three is so excited about coming down this weekend, even if it is only for a day and a night. The weather is looking good and it is Alice's 2nd birthday on Friday so that is an added bonus.
My beautiful Billie turns 4 today. I bought her a toy kitchen and Mads picked it up. It took Two three hours to put it together last night but it was a great success.
Ebs has been texting me about a potential puppy. It seems as everything is ok between us again.
So I shall just keep on focussing on the positives in my very fortunate life and try not to dwell on the irritants.



That view from the walking path has me green with envy, but if I can't have it at least someone else can enjoy it. Fingers crossed for the cosy place.
ReplyDeleteRiver, it is a stunning view. After spending the evening with Himself the cosy place is looking less enticing!
DeleteStunning photos. Maybe the bird is an immature Pacific Gull. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with Three and his family.
ReplyDeleteI think he is the most excited of everyone!
DeleteI wonder why we even begin to think that life will go smoothly? It's just as apt to throw up roadblocks right and left. And yet, we are always a little stunned when it happens. Humans are funny.
ReplyDeleteInteresting way of looking at things, wise woman. I shall ponder this.
DeleteAccentuate the positive, as the song says! Looks like you have some beautiful views there, anyway. Very mysterious about the stormwater pit...?
ReplyDeleteI am trying, Steve!
DeleteNever a dull moment! It's great to enjoy the good parts, and try to breathe through the others.
ReplyDeleteAs long as we keep breathing, all will be well.
DeleteApparently things are sent to test us.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I’m sick of being tested. How about I accept the fail and get on happily for the rest of my life!
Don’t let it get you down. There is always gin!
Maybe that is what is missing. I shall go and treat myself to a good bottle of gin and some decent tonic.
Delete