Monday, 4 December 2023

An unexpected win.

I have mentioned before about the block behind us which discharges a huge amount of water when it rains.

We went up to our block today to see if anything was happening (it wasn't). The owners of the block behind us were digging a trench to install agi pipe and connect it into the storm water pit on our block. In the course of the conversation we found out that the developer of the estate had installed considerable drainage and the storm water pit. (This would have been dictated by council and water authorities).

Himself came home and rang the company. They were very helpful and he went back and met with someone who is working on the new subdivision. Long story short, they will fix the drainage issues as best they can and we won't have to pay.

Win win!

When I say as best as they can, I am not implying that they don't care - it's just that the whole area has a lot of underground springs which bubble up after rain so there is a limit to what they can do. By installing the appropriate drainage it will mean that most of the water will be directed into the right place. Not on our block!

We had managed a quick walk before Himself got a phone call to go back to the block to meet the site supervisor so we took the dogs for a run at the 3 o'clock club. They came home absolutely knackered! 

It has been warm and sunny today. And very humid with all the water evaporating!

Tomorrow we take Jinx back to the vet. Fingers crossed for a good result but I do think we will need to brace ourselves for surgery. I can see December/January being very expensive as Alice will have her surgery at the beginning of January and we are footing that bill.

It's only money!!

9 comments:

  1. Yeah for the win.
    Not good for all else. Yes it’s only money. And very thankful that we have it when we need it.
    Fingers still crossed that jinx won’t need surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jinx.
    And I know that you and Himself will be so very happy when all the construction is over and you're living in the house that you dreamed into being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is loving the process, Mary. I don't know what he will do when it's over!

      Delete
  3. Great news about drainage. I finally realize that block to you is the plat you bought? Here it's any contiguous houses. The block I live in is six townhouses. In the city ( here that means Manhattan) it can be a long walk around the block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are blocks of houses as in walk around the block and then there are blocks of land as in on which we are building. Isn't the english language great!?

      Delete
  4. Well, that DOES sound like a win! I hope things go OK with Jinx. Wouldn't it be great if you're happily surprised and she doesn't need surgery after all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, I have my fingers crossed but I am doubtful.

      Delete
  5. I hope Jinx's eventual surgery goes well with no complications. she will certainly feel a whole lot better after.
    I'm surprised development was allowed on land where springs bubble up after rains. I hope all the necessary drainage is in place and properly working by the time you move in.

    ReplyDelete