I might not have explained why Himself is in Melbourne for surgery.
When he was about 10 he was with a group of older kids who put a firecracker down a metal fence post. It didn't go off so they told Himself to have a look ... at which point it exploded blowing up his face. Long story short they saved his eye but he has always had a droopy eyelid. It is now impacting his vision so today he had it rectified. He is staying with The Mermaid and all went well. He will be home tomorrow.
In the meantime I have had a lovely day. First of all I woke up to this.
Jinx was lying on Himself's pillow (you can see her cone of shame) and Murphy was resting his head on her rump.
I then did my usual morning routine of late which involves stuffing meat with tablets for Jinx followed by icecream with her liquid meds.
(Unfortunately she has twigged and the evening regime resulted in more stuffing down a throat than stuffing meat).
OB and FSIL came here which was just as well as birds had decided to shit all over their car and OB needed a hose to remove it! He then went off with his camera and she and I went and had doughnuts and coffee (Lakes Entrance ... mandatory) and a wander and a chat and then it was time to pop back home to let the dogs out for wees.
We then went to the Metung pub for lunch. I went there with The Mermaid when we came down in June and have been hankering to go back for the seafood plate. They obliged!
OB had a very interesting career which I can't talk about but it lends itself to some good conversations within boundaries. Today was one of those conversations. The best bit. however, was spending time with two people I am so fond of.
FSIL made a comment that I seem to be very much at home here. That meant a lot to me as I didn't realise it was obvious and it reinforced my conviction we have made the right move.
I promised you last night's sunset.
This, though, was a photo OB took as we were leaving the restaurant.
Right now I am watching the sunset over Lakes, enjoying a nice oaky chardonnay and listening to good music.




A perfect day by the sounds of it.
ReplyDeleteIt was one of those that just felt right.
DeleteThank you for explaining about the surgery. I am relieved.
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrific visit you've had! That meal looks amazing.
And that sunset- excellent shot.
I have not known him without a droopy eyelid. I wonder how he will look!
DeleteThat sounds lovely. I remember your mentioning eyelid surgery a while back, but I thought it was the aging effect, where the lid droops and interferes with driving vision at the sides. I've known older men get that done. Not a big deal, they say, and much safer peripheral vision. I'm glad his went well.
ReplyDeleteThe only concern is it may expose some not insignificant scarring. We will see.
DeleteI think both photos are impressive. I remember lunch at the Metung pub. We went by boat and it was a great trip. We also had a nice walk around there.
ReplyDeleteIf we had time we might have takent the boat but it is on my to do list.
DeleteThe pictures are both fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI might have to come up and have the seafood lunch one day. It looks very yummy indeed
It is the best I have had. A perfect mix of flavours and textures. I think you need to come soon.
DeleteThe seafood feast looks delish! Wish we lived near an ocean as I love any kind of fresh seafood. The sunsets are impressive too!
ReplyDeleteA definite bonus for moving here! And the prawn season is upon us.
DeleteThe sunsets are lovely but I like the seafood plate better :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Jinx has twigged to the meds, I wonder if she realises they are helping her feel better.
We have now finished the tablets so I can break the capsule and sprinkle the contents in with the ice cream she gets her liquid meds in!
DeleteThat IS a beautiful picture! And your food looks amazing! Glad you had a good visit. And I'm glad to see Jinx, even if she is in her cone.
ReplyDeleteShe is so much better - especially now Himself is home!
Delete