Friday, 19 January 2024

Another wee break


Tomorrow I will head towards Melbourne and Three and Sally will head towards Lakes. Somewhere around the middle we will meet up, have lunch and I will bring Sally back with me.

Next Thursday Three et al will come to Lakes and stay for the long weekend (Australia Day) and then take everyone home on Sunday.

I will try to post when I can but a seven year old takes a lot of entertaining.

This afternoon Himself had a cortisone injection into his shoulder in an attempt to relieve his bursitis. I really hope it works as he is in a fair bit of pain. He is not stoic when in pain and I am not patient. I think most nurses and ex nurses find caring for family members a bit trying.

I will leave you with this. Please tell me I am not the only one who does it?


11 comments:

  1. Ouch on the bursitis! The right letter for what I wonder? Crossword puzzle? Don't let Sally wear you out, explain to her about downtime for oldies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a good kid but talks a lot! She will spend hours playing on my computer.

      Delete
  2. I had a shot in my shoulder for bursitis and because I listened to the doctor and did as I was told it lasted 18 months. I hope your hubby listens and it helps him too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! When I was a kid, there used to be an animated short that aired on Saturday mornings that taught the preamble to the U.S. Constitution in song. To this day, I can't remember the preamble unless I sing it. Music is a very effective teacher! Have fun with your family visits and I hope your husband gets treatment for that bursitis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I really don't know my alphabet except in the song in my head. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one. I first realized this fact when I got my first job which was filing in a doctor's office. All day long I was singing the alphabet to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a summer assistant one year, from an Ivy League school (!) who didn't know the alphabet. At all. Her job was keeping vital information alphabetized for my rapid use. So I set her homework -- learn the alphabet before tomorrow! She did, and said she hadn't realized that a summer job might have homework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that some kids don't learn things by rote. I still chant the times tables when I have to multiply certain numbers.

      Delete
  6. I have to go through the alphabet too, you're not alone:)

    Hopefully the cortisone helps. Bursitis is a bugger.

    ReplyDelete