Saturday, 6 January 2024

Grommets

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing day.

I got my hair cut and coloured. First colour since BC. I am now pretty much all over grey/ash and am very happy with it. It wasn't cheap but hopefully now it is just a question of touching up the roots every 3 months or so. My hairdresser is now on maternity leave. I hope her replacement can do as good a job.

Today our wee poppet had her surgery. 





I think the highlight was the jam sandwich they gave her afterwards and she was not letting go!

Three is working from home on Monday but I think they realised looking after two kids and trying to work was not the brightest idea so they asked if I could go up. 

What could a granny say?

I will head off after lunch tomorrow and stay until Tuesday. I could come home on Monday but I don't fancy driving late in the day and this way I can catch up with J on Tuesday morning before heading home. We used to catch up at least once a week - it will be lovely seeing her again.

The zucchini gave me one large beast so today I made a favourite creamy zucchini soup. I will freeze it as it isn't really soup weather.

More like salad which is what we are having for dinner.

I'll try and check in when in Melbourne, otherwise I will see you all when I get back.




7 comments:

  1. Drive safe. There are storms coming. Apparently. Give the wee one a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling gorgeous after your hair colour. Go grey gracefully is all very well, but coloured hair can take years away. Did you have a Brazilian as well to remove all grey hair?

    Enjoy your time with family and a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear little girl. I'm so glad she got her jam sandwich.
    I bet your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope our little patient is doing well now. And her chic grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the recovery is quick and she is soon back to her normal self. My dinner tonight will be a cold meatloaf sandwich, since I can't be bothered cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What colour is your hair now? I presume when you said you were now grey that was your before colour? Maybe a cheeky photo? :)

    ReplyDelete