Thursday, 1 February 2024

Life

 


Another day of not doing anything much. I did have plans but life got in the way. Specifically someone who slept in way beyond his usual get up time (blamed the early start yesterday and the long drive - I blame the 2.00am bedtime pffft). We then had to visit the block, buy kitty litter and tickets in tonight's tattslotto mega draw. It has been jackpotting for weeks now and I think everyone who can buy a ticket has done so! I hope it goes to a battler.

Our site supervisor rang with an update. His communication is just brilliant. I guess a real plus living in a smallish country town is that everyone knows everyone so if you provide poor customer service you will soon be hung out to dry. I have seen cafes change hands for that very reason and can't understand why you would work in the customer service industry if you have no customer service skills! 

NN appears to have pulled her horns in. She is still up on site (as is her right) but seems to have stopped the stalking behaviour and we have had no contact. Himself got a reply to the email he sent to the police officer who took our initial report and she thanked him and said that if we do get further harrassment to call 000. It won't come to that, I am sure. And we don't want it to.

The chubby old lady in my mirror is a bit of a grumpy old lady, too. I need to take her in hand and focus on some serious self care.

Maybe tomorrow.

Or not.

Regardless, life in Lakes is still Bloody Magic.

12 comments:

  1. Glad NN is less of an issue.
    The weather is getting better so hopefully that means lots of work will happen and you’ll be in soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still looking at mid year but as long as we can see things moving along all is good.

      Delete
  2. Today I bookmarked an Age electric newspaper article for what you should do when you are a winner. Don't tell anyone, was the first advice. I am prepared to receive the call and I won't be hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly aren't hysterical and I am waiting to hear if you are mildly excited.

      Delete
  3. Yes, when you win, you'll discover relatives you never knew you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those relatives will stay hidden, I'm afraid. Two tickets one $100 million each and we weren't one of them!

      Delete
  4. Well, life is life no matter where we live but some places make that life just a little bit sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those old ladies in my house too, her hair is a mess, she should go to the salon and get it cut.
    Hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm glad NN is keeping her head down, at least! Here's hoping you get that drive in. (Dave does the same thing to me all the time -- stays up late, sleeps late and then we run out of time to do anything. It's a secret plot to stay home. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to take a leaf out of your book and just go and do stuff.

      Delete