Sunday, 18 February 2024

Quiet

It has been a quiet few days and I am not complaining.

I had my hair cut with a new stylist on Friday. I am happy with what she did so we will see how things go.

The roof tin has been delivered and that should go up tomorrow all things going well. There is a slight issue with the scaffolding which could delay it from an OH&S perspective. There was a time when you only needed scaffolding for two storeys or higher but now all roofs must be scaffolded before installation. 

MW is still sitting outside her house and taking photos of Himself when he walks the dogs. Not my business. As long as she keeps her aggressive mouth shut I will leave her alone.

We have had lovely late summer weather. Clear and sunny with gentle breezes. Even when we have the inevitable hot days I can be comforted knowing the autumn is not far away.

I suggested a drive this afternoon so we drove to Bruthen and then took a back route home along dirt roads through beautiful farmland. We are so lucky to live here.

On Wednesday I am heading up to Melbourne. The Mermaid is excited to have me visit so I will head off earlier than I initially planned. I will pick some prawns up on the way (assuming the fish shop has them) and spend a day and a half with her. Then Fave sis in law on Friday and the night with One and has lot. Should be a nice break.

My right hip is giving me grief. I could barely walk after driving to Traralgon on Thursday and it hasn't really improved. I don't know what sort of pain one feels when one requires a hip replacement but this is not the same as the bursitis pain I had last year. I'll make an appointment with the doctor and get some xrays done.


15 comments:

  1. Quiet is very lovely indeed.
    I’m sure the mermaid will love the prawns.
    Hopefully your hip pain is something simple and fixable. Drive safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing nicer than fresh prawns off the boat! Unless you catch them yourself and that ain't gonna happen!!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! Are you going to be all right doing that driving? Stop and take breaks and walk around. Why am I tell you this? You know what to do with your very own hip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not good at taking breaks but I shall listen for the dulcet tones of Ms Moon in my head and see if that will make me stop.

      Delete
  3. Is physio easy to get in Australia? I've found that physiotherapists are much more knowledgeable about joints, tendons and ligaments than docs. Have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the city physios are easy to get into. I haven't checked here but I will do so as you are right.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the hip pain. When I get it I do stretches, suggested by physios. Worth a try. There are good online PT channels. If it's the cartilage I wonder what x-rays will show? Sounds as if driving is not your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually do an xray and ultrasound on joints. If in doubt they refer to an orthopaedic surgeon who can order an MRI (GPs can order them but you pay a bit more).

      Delete
  5. Pixie's suggestion is a good one -- maybe check out physical therapy. Hope the drive goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love driving. A stiff drink at the other end and I will be fine!

      Delete
  6. It is probably against the law to stalk and take photos of people...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is and it is ammunition if she escalates.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I too will endorse physiotherapists. A crook 'ip at your age seems early and is not great.
    Life goes on for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I inherited some good arthritis genes, Andrew. Hence the noo knee in 2020.

      Delete
  8. I always love that first true autumn breeze, it is almost the same as the summer breeze but the very slight hint of cool and turning leaves. It doesn't really cool down in Adelaide until after Easter, but you will have sea breezes as well to help with the heat.

    ReplyDelete