I woke up today with a cold. I didn't go to history as we are in a confined space and I don't want to share my germs.
I'll see how I am in the morning to decide whether to go to U3A. At least those classes are in a large room.
Other Brother and Fave Sis in law are coming for a visit. They will get here around 5.30 tomorrow evening. We will go out for dinner and then decide what to do on Wednesday.
I love sitting on the deck in the early evening with a G & T and my book. The animals join me.



I saw my GP on Friday and have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon in 6 weeks. Hopefully I will get a new hip soon after and can get back to enjoying life. This constant pain is ... well ... a pain!
And on that note I shall go and wallow in self pity. I have man flu!!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pixie.
DeleteThe sooner the quicker with that hip pain. No fun at all.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed it will be done and dusted by the middle of the year. My fault for thinking it would go away!
DeleteA friend of mine got a new hip and four months on she's so happy. The procedure went so well and she's back 100%. She could barely walk before.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice place to read.
Now get better!
One of the things I was so looking forward to was walking around here. I can't wait to be able to saunter wherever I like without worrying about the hip giving way. Good to hear about your friend.
DeleteHope you are feeling better soon. People I know who have had hip replacement are doing great now.
ReplyDeleteIt is one of the more successful procedures, I believe.
DeleteWell, the animals look content, anyway! Why do cats insist on walking and sitting on frighteningly narrow perches?
ReplyDeleteSteve, he is not the most graceful of beasts. I'm surprised he hasn't tumbled off it.
DeleteMy 92 year old mom had hip replacement 3 weeks ago and she's doing great. Here at least they get you up and walking the day of surgery and PT is several times a week. From what I can tell, carrying through on the PT is the key to a successful recovery. Hope your cold is short-lived!
ReplyDeleteWow, 92 is a great age.
DeleteThey get you up and moving here, too. Depending on the way the surgery is performed I will either go to inpatient rehab (which I did after my knee replacement) or go home with exercises. I am hoping for the latter!
Sniffles and colds are no fun that's for sure. Not that I get them, I get hayfever with similar symptoms, though more easily fixed with an antihistamine. Good luck with the hip.
ReplyDeleteI don't get many colds but I have found as get older they knock me around more. Years of smoking in my mispent youth, I guess.
DeleteEvening with a G&T and book sounds lovely
ReplyDeleteMissing you, Sparkling, and hope you are over the 'flu.
ReplyDeleteHope you are ok and the house is moving along. Missing your blog.
ReplyDelete