Not much has been happening. The house continues to develop. Our site manager is in constant contact with updates.
I ended up buying all the stuff we need from the local business in Lakes. We got some really good prices and our neighbour got some good sales. I took some photos in the showroom but I'll wait until we are in our house before I show you.
U3A this week was lovely as always. I have a chosen a good mix of things to stimulate brain, body and conversation. Today was coffee group and we had a lunch to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Again ... great company and lots of laughs.
Tomorrow I drive the two hours into Traralgon to donate plasma. This time I will take pain killers and my walking stick in case my hip (+/- back) plays up with the long drive.
This morning we had a routine rental inspection. We passed muster and pointed out some ongoing issues to the property manager. We will give as much notice as we can when we break the lease and hopefully they will find someone to take over asap or we will be up for whatever rent is due until the end of the lease which, at $2,000 a month could be some big biccies.
After a warm day yesterday we had a cold rainy change overnight but the sun has come out and I fancy a sit on the balcony with a gin and tonic and my book.
I will leave you with some snaps I pinched from Amy's FB page of the family when they were down.
Alice throwing sand ...
Three being an idiot ... (but this mum was so happy to see it!)
I hope you (or your landlord) find someone to take over the lease. I wouldn't want to be on the hook for all that money!
ReplyDeleteRentals are scarce here but the house isn't really worth what the landlord is asking.
DeleteYou will be moving so soon! And won't that be a glorious day?
ReplyDeleteLook at those sweeties playing at the beach. All three of them...
It is getting very close and very exciting.
DeleteI love how Three can still behave like a kid.
I can't wait for you to move in, get settled and start to weave and knit and cook and all that.
ReplyDeleteOh, Liz, I never thought I would miss those things so much.
DeleteIt's nice that you bought everything locally. Fun on the beach is always nice to see.
ReplyDelete