I have taken a bit of a break from blogland. Indeed, the whole interwebs.
Anyway, I am now back and should get back to regular commenting soon.
I left home after criminology and craft on Tuesday. I went via Rosedale (about 2 hours from here) as they have a yarn shop that I had to check out. Two balls of stripey sock yarn fell into my hands. I bought a take away coffee and a hedgehog slice as it was getting late and they only had a couple of sandwiches left. The car was pointing away from the highway so I decided to go the pretty way. Along the South Gippsland Highway through Yarram, Foster, Leongatha, and then up through Tooradin the way I usually go. The scenery was spectacular and I had a great drive but it did make a 4 hour drive more like a 6 hour one! Oh well, it was on my bucket list and I won't do it every time.
I saw the eye doc on Wednesday and he lasered both eyes. That was a very strange (and expensive) experience (I ended up about $400 out of pocket) but the difficulty with reading small print is much improved.
I headed home on Thursday. I might have taken another *ahem* short cut (as the crow flies, yes, as the car drives, not so much as it was a dirt road) but then I saw these views and was so happy I did.
I am always a sucker for mountains and clouds ...
... and trees and paddocks and wide open spaces.
I love this photo. The road, the clouds, the smoke from the bushfire and the hill in the background. There were no alerts so I assumed the fire was possibly even a planned burn.
I got home and was so glad to be here.
As I said before, I love clouds and Lakes always provides a stunning display ...
The house is coming along well. All the flooring is down. The site supervisor thinks we could get handover by the end of the month. How cool would that be?
On Saturday we chose our curtains for the living area. They won't be ready when we move in but we have blinds on all the important windows and with double glazing and good insulation we won't suffer with heat loss.
Yesterday the weather turned. We have had rain and wind and more rain. I love this weather but think I am in the minority.
I went to history this morning and we had another great chat about lots of things.
You have seen lots of photos from my balcony and today the surf was amazing even from this distance ... (biggerise the picture to get an idea of the waves and the spray - we are a good 4 or 5 kms from these waves).
... it is another Kona but larger than my current one and has more bells and whistles safety features. I love the bright yellow. It is a very safe colour and I will never lose my car in a car park! I was happy with my current car but Himself has been itching for a new vehicle and as his car is the dog mobile it is not practical to replace it so I get a new Kona and he gets to drive it. We picked the sweet spot for trade-in. The change over price is excellent.
On Saturday when we were in Bairnsdale we popped into the local Hyundai dealer and ordered one of these ...
It should be here at the end of the month. About the time the house will be finished and I get a new hip! I really hope I get to drive it BEFORE the op or it will be a three week wait - maybe I can ask them to delay delivery.
Regardless, the next few weeks will be very busy with lots of things happening.








Exciting stuff! I used to drive a bright yellow car, no mistaking me on the road. When I moved on I gave it to my teenage son, wanting him to be as visible as possible. There's a reason schoolbuses are yellow!
ReplyDeleteYellow is a happy colour!!
DeleteYou have been and will be busy. Bright yellow car, nice! Thanks for the photos of your countryside drive.
ReplyDeleteI love how the mountains change colours in the background. I plan lots more country drives so stay tuned!
DeleteYou are making me yearn to go on some long drives.
ReplyDeleteYour new car has a fierce expression on its face.
Your house could be ready by the end of the month? That's so wonderful.
But now wait a minute- you went to the eye doctor and he just lasered your eyes right then and there? Is that possible?
I love long country drives especially on my own. I sing very loudly and talk to myself a lot!
DeleteNot sure if my car will look like that particular one - I am sure a number plate will make it look a bit less fierce but I guess a fierce yellow car is not to be messed with!
The eye doc lasered the scar tissue that had formed on the capsules where the new lenses had been inserted. I had told them that was why I was coming back to see him but there was no issue doing it. He was also aware that I didn't live minutes up the road!!
I was raised in Broadford, mum and a brother still live there. My dad gave me the love of the hills surrounding the area and thankfully it stays with me, like you I love the hills, sky etc. When I visit, I often drive out to “the valley of a thousand hills”, a lookout just before you drive down to Strath Creek, every visit gives a different view. Love your photos. Marie, Cheltenham
DeleteThey are lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteAnother diversion you might like to consider if returning to Lakes from Melbourne, is turning north at Drouin through the lovely little arty town of Torongo, then Noojee, Hill End, Willow Grove, and either turn right to rejoin the freeway at Trafalgar or continue on to Moe. It is quite windy in parts but a nice mix of wet fern filled forest and open farm land. There are some nice views around Hill End of Mt Baw Baw, Mt Erica and Mt Thompson. It might add thirty to forty minutes to the trip.
I can certainly see how rough the sea is when you snapped.
I
Thank you, Andrew. I am always looking for new ways to escape the freeway.
DeleteWow you have been busy.
ReplyDeleteI don’t mind long drives, as long as I’m in the passenger seat. Sitting that long in one position is a bit Ouchie.
We were up your way, kinda, Sunday night. We stayed overnight and the rains came. It was nice snuggled in my warm bed listening to the rain.
Love the new car
Let me know next time you're down this way. I can pick you up and we can grab a coffee in Stratford - or Rosedale where the yarn and fabric shops are!
DeleteNew house, new car, new hip. You got the trifecta. Is it common to need lasering after cataract surgery? I haven't had mine done yet and most hospitals have cancelled elective surgeries since so many staff are out sick with flu and covid.
ReplyDeleteMy eye bloke says it is quite common but an easy fix.
DeleteHopefully you will get yours done soon.
Hi does your new house have water views? Peta
ReplyDeleteLove the photos. Will the house be done before your hip surgery?
ReplyDeleteIs it a " thing" there among kids to shout YELLOW CAR when you see one, hopefully before your friend/sister/brother does? My grandson introduced it to me some time ago, and even in the car on my own I shout it out! I told him recently that I always think of him when I see one, and he said " that's nice" . He is 11.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your new car...I have a red car as the majority of cars here are either black, white, grey or silver... So boring!
Love the yellow car! I used to want a yellow Volkswagen beetle when I was a kid. Yours is like a beetle all grown up.
ReplyDeleteThere's a lot of excitement in your life at the moment!
Oh Caro I thought I lost the link to your blog but just found it again, along with some others. "Biggerise" is a great word (that you invented) and I am going to steal it. Your drives make me want to get my license back!
ReplyDeleteSorry that was me, Trish!
ReplyDelete