Thanks so much for all your good wishes.
This is the view from my chair. I've just had lunch.
The op went really well. The anaesthetist took my issues with my previous experience on board and the whole thing went really smoothly.
I have been up walking with physio and the frame and, bliss, had a shower. All dignity goes out the window when you're in hospital, doesn't it. My nurses have been wonderful but some of them look as if they should still be in high school!
I am being sensible and asking for meds if I feel the pain increasing but haven't had to much at all.
I did learn that leaning towards the right and bending over to pick up a pencil is NOT a great idea.
Tomorrow I should graduate to crutches and independent mobilisation and home Sunday.
When we left home it was still dark. We drove through some beautiful country with low mist as the sun rose.
Can't wait to see that countryside again. The Mermaid is driving me home and I told her minimal freeway driving!
Getting weary now so will go and have a nap.


Hi.. good you are doing so well...Peta
ReplyDeleteWonderful news. Isn’t it amazing what they can do. Marie, Cheltenham
ReplyDeleteThis sounds very promising up to now. Soon you'll be back to walking fine.
ReplyDeleteGood to hear all seems well. Leaning to pick up, nah. Bend zee kneez.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's done, I worry, even about routine ops. Now just the rehab:)
ReplyDeleteWhen I woke up this morning I thought of you and hoped we'd get an update on how things went so- thank you! I know you will be so glad to get home.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the operation went well and you'll be going home soon. That's a beautiful photo of the misty pasture.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased your doing well. Yes they don’t keep you in long these days
ReplyDeleteMake sure to take frequent breaks on the drive home. Sitting too long will definitely be bad for pain levels.
Take it easy - don't rush things. Time is a great healer!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it all went well. Being back at home will be a great healer!
ReplyDeleteWalking around already and going home soon! The marvels of modern medicine eh?
ReplyDelete