Wednesday, 3 July 2024

Back

Not back here as such, but back in hospital.

Long story short, I ended up losing more fluid than my dressing could handle so came back up to Melbourne yesterday and was re-admitted today. A fancy sucky dressing in situ and if that doesn't work back to theatre on Friday. One of my sutures went AWOL so the wound opened a bit.

I'm in the best place, have no pain and am bored out of my mind but it could have been much worse. Main thing is not to get an infection.

At this stage he might let me out on Sunday and Three will take me home on Tuesday.

We get the keys to the house on 12th so I'd really like to be home for that!

Cool photo from the drive back yesterday.



9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. It seems like it is something that could have been handled at Bairnsdale, but I'm sure you know better about yourself.
    It looks like you are soon to pass Yallourn or Loy Yang power stations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this unexpected complication. But I hope all will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well shit. Hope everything ends up okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does suck. Yes, I'm glad things are being handled but I surely wish you hadn't had to go back.
    What an amazing animal cloud.
    I will be counting down the days with you until you get into your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. Yes you are in the best place I hope you are feeling better and on the mend soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no... I hope you heal fast - you certainly want to be home for getting the house keys. I'm amazed at how fast the build has been ie, from deciding to sell your other home and now moving in. How exciting, now get well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a cloud disguised as a UFO or a UFO disguised as a cloud?
    Hope the healing goes well this time and you are in your new home on the 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get well soon...enjoy your new home....take care Peta

    ReplyDelete