With all my best intentions to get here more regularly life got in the way but just with busy stuff - nothing really interesting.
Last Saturday we drove the half hour or so into Bairnsdale so Himself could see if the glasses he didn't see and therefore sat on could be repaired. No, they couldn't but he ordered some new ones and a pair of driving/sunglasses and with our health insurance paid a grand total of $6. A lot of health insurance to pay for glasses but add the new hip, knee, cataracts, angiograms, colonscopies, carpel tunnel et al over the past few years and we aren't complaining.
Over the years a disciplined person could put the money into a dedicated, high interest bearing account for use when and if needed but we aren't disciplined and neither are the majority of folk I would imagine so happy to pay the premiums. Like house, contents and car insurance it is, well, insurance!
I waited in the car and watched the gathering storm clouds even though they didn't amount to much. You can see my paint work here - tell me, yellow or green?
After visiting Specsavers we went to Spotlight and bought a quilt cover set and some curtains for Himself's study. Then to Kmart for a clock for the garage. The clock cost 3.50. The bar stools, storage units, draining rack, shelf for the bathroom and shelf and hooks for the laundry plus other bits and pieces came to about $200. Bloody expensive clock!!
Alice has started following in her big sister's footsteps and is learning ballet. She was telling me at length about her purple bag that she puts on the chair when she goes to dance and Three kindly sent me a photo of the girl and her bag.
The landscapers have started. Concrete has been poured and more will be poured tomorrow. All going well the rocks will come soon and the driveway will be laid.
Solar panels have been installed and the internet is up and running. We are paying for internet at two properties for a month or so but it is needed. When at Kmart on Saturday I even bought a cheap kettle and toaster so we can have tea and toast at either house. The next few weeks will be messy but the end is in sight.
On Thursday I am heading up to Melbourne so I can take the Mermaid to hospital on Friday to have a broken nose fixed. She got tangled in dog leads when walking a dog and an off leash dog ran up to them. She can't remember much other than the sound of her nose cracking as she hit the ground! She didn't get the details of the owners of the other dog and just wanted to get home. ED would have been a good idea but she is stubborn and probably in shock.
The hip has good days and less than good days. As I have said before, I think I am super sensitive because of all the issues I had in the early days and keep thinking I might have done something wrong. I can't see what I could have done so I take strong pain killers now and again with anti-inflammatories here and there. If anyone has had a hip replacement can you remember when the pain eased and what the post op pain felt like? I know I have back issues which I am going to have to get looked at but really need the hip out of the equation first. Actually, the back issues scare me as you can't have a lower back replacement!!
The back and hip probably aren't helped with moving. I cleared out a couple of kitchen cupboards to take up to the new house and then realised that because I have done no baking at all since moving into this rental everything was 12 months out of date.
So there we are. We are enjoying spending time in the new house puddling around and putting things away. The rental is looking sadder and sadder but it has served a purpose and we will be here for another 4 weeks at least.
I doubt I'll be back here til after the weekend but all is good.


Glad to see you back and moving!
ReplyDeleteSlowly, slowly. You want to build strength, not break it down. You know this. Why am I even bothering to say it? But we do sometimes need to be reminded not to push too hard.
ReplyDeleteI just can't wait to see your new house. I'm sure you are going to be so glad and so pleased when all is done and you are in your very own beautiful place.
I forgot to say that other people's daily stuff is interesting. It's only our own that seems dull!
ReplyDeleteSo true!
DeleteYes!
DeleteIt's great that you can make this move over time, instead of all in one day. I hope the hip gets better and less painful! If I remember I'll ask Dave's mom how she managed her hip replacement. I would call your car green, based on that photo.
ReplyDeleteWhen you get a few free minutes swimming helped a lot of people in the pool. Especially in the hot hydro pool.
ReplyDeleteCan’t wait until the big reveal I hope you post lots of pics for us to see
My husband had a hip replacement last year August ..he had sciatica and they thought the hip operation may help with that...it didn't really...he still had the sciatica because of back pain...he had a radio frequency ablation on his sacro-illiac joints earlier this year and that was quite good..but it seems like the other side needs to be done as well....he took painkillers for his rehabilitation that was for 6 weeks and beyond...then mostly at night when things got stiff as far as I remember....he still takes nurofen in the day at times and he takes panadiene forte at night....he swims twice week 2000 metres each time and goes for walks....I think these things take time to heal....from 6 months one things improve a lot.....
ReplyDeleteI love moving into a new place and finding homes for everything. Doing it piecemeal as you are just stretches out the enjoyment.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the back issues are what is annoying the new hip?
Do you have physio you have to do? Are you doing it? I suck at remembering to do physio unless I am in a lot of pain. Nurses.
ReplyDeleteAlice looks so adorable....Peta
ReplyDeleteI forgot to sign my name to the longer post..Peta
ReplyDelete