Thank you so much for your comments. They make me realise how valuable and caring this community is and I feel bad for not saying how I was feeling sooner. Those of you who have the misfortune to share this condition will understand that sometimes just getting out of bed is enough. Stringing words together can be an insurmountable challenge. I know when I don't read my favourite bloggers I am in a bad place. Consequently I am way behind in all your news and am doing me best to catch up (I did check that Olga was still with us!). I did skim and comment on some but after one or two my brain checked out.
Anyway, I am feeling better although still struggling with getting out of bed (it's my safe place) and limiting myself to in person contact with those I know.
I went for a walk the other day and took some photos which remind me of why we moved here and how lucky we are to live here.
Jinx has realised that the water on the other side of the wall = the sea and she loves the sea.
Did I mention why we love living here?
During the whole hip replacement/readmission/mental health debacle we took delivery of the new car (jury is out whether it's lime green or lemon yellow but trust me it's very bright and I am hard to miss around town!)
I took these from the car park which is somewhat under water as we wait for the next breakthrough. You can see the lake, the sandbar and the ocean. Just glorious.
WARNING!!
If you don't like pictures of surgical wounds then scroll by quickly!
The first is after everything went south and I ended up at the local GP. All they did was take the dressing down - no stitches were touched. This was 5 days post op.
The second is after the eventual return to theatre for cleaning up and resuturing.
YOU CAN LOOK NOW!!
Things still didn't go according to plan but I won't go into details cos it's a bit messy.
Suffice to say the wound has healed, the stitches are out (and that was SUCH a relief) and I am well on the mend. Because of the wound issues I sort of forgot that I had actually had some major orthopaedic surgery and started to worry when things started to hurt! I realised I have some good drugs and those, with doing a bit less, have worked well.
The house is coming along well. The landscaping has started and we should be able to move in soon. A sad bit was not being able to be there when the house was handed over but that is a minor hiccup.
So here I am.
Still not 100% but getting better by the day - physically and mentally.
In no small part to you.
I'm so glad you're able to be back here! Thanks for the pictures of the water. I scrolled past the medical stuff, thanks for the alert!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! We all missed you and I'm glad to hear things are on the upswing. (And yes, Olga is still with us, surprisingly energetic for a canine senior citizen!)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear you're recovering. I too wondered how you were and am happy to see that you had an outing in your yellow ride. All the best with health and house
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling so much better both physically and mentally. I know how you feel, I am now two months getting over my accident.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're getting better. It's hard and, as I know from my shoulder surgery, we have a tendency to forget that, yes, those pain killers are there for a reason! Living in a lovely part of Victoria helps too!
ReplyDeleteSomeone I love most dearly is going through bad anxiety right now and my desire to help is overwhelming and yet, I know there's really very little I can do. It is such a cruel and mysterious ailment, especially when paired with depression. Please know that I understand and I know you will indeed come out of it and that gorgeous light you have all around you in the place of sky and water will fill your heart again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief to hear you are on the mend. I have been worried about your state of mind and physical shape. So happy to have this positive message from you!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wonder what this medical profession actually study. You hear it more and more. Glad your finally on the mend. Soon you’ll be skipping down the road
ReplyDeleteJust keep your eyes on the prize. You will be in your new home. Decorating and gardening.
Is Jinx calculating if she jumps in the water from the wall, can she get back out? They are lovely photos of Lake Tyers and how interesting to understand about the lake opening and closing to the sea.
ReplyDeleteI am very pleased things are improving for you. You have a lot to look forward to.
Well, you've been through a lot woman. I love those photos of the sandbar. They would look lovely blown up.
ReplyDeleteThat's a nice neat row of sutures and I'm glad to hear everything is clearing up nicely. Soon enough the pain will be a distant memory.
ReplyDeleteJinx looks beautiful as she looks at the ocean. I patted her through my screen, I didn't think she'd mind at all. Looking forward to landscaping pictures.
I won't pretend to understand depression but I am fully aware that it is real. I have a daughter who suffers from a similar condition and it worries me so much at times. All I can do is be there, offer support for her and the kids and make sure I don't trivialise it in any way. I did miss reading your blog :)
ReplyDelete