I wasn't going to post these as it looks as if we are living in a quarry (all rocks sourced from legal and sustainable quarries) but I have given you blow by blow accounts of the build so it's not fair to go "ta daaahhhhh" without showing the steps towards the final reveal.
Fencing will surround the property which will make things look a lot more enclosed. Soil and mulch will be installed, plants planted and the rocks will be washed to remove the dust and expose their beauty.
And I will have an easily accessable record of the process so you get the photos of the dumping of the rocks. Actually, very precise placing of the rocks. I am amazed at how the landscaper has picked the specific postining of each rock. We are talking many tons (or tonnes?) of rock.




I forget- do the rocks have a utilitarian purpose or are they simply landscaping rocks?
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of rocks, and trees. Can't wait to the see the end product.
ReplyDeleteGetting close now. Once in you’ll forget all the dramas and just enjoy
ReplyDeleteLiving in a quarry, haha.
ReplyDeleteIt must be very satisfying to see it all coming together.
It's a LOT more rocks than I expected, it does look a bit like a quarry.
ReplyDeleteOh, I didn't realize you were doing a rock garden kind of thing. Easier to maintain than a lawn, maybe? Or as Ms. Moon says, perhaps they serve a function too?
ReplyDeleteLooks like it will be great, a retaining wall and rock garden....I love rock gardens....Peta
ReplyDelete