Wednesday, 14 August 2024

This is why I have been AWOL



Fairly normal for me at this time of year but for some reason 2024 has been a doozy.





One is bad enough but both together really sucks.



This might actually have worked if I had a cat that would allow it!




Thank you for the comments expressing concern. They meant a lot and I apologise for not responding but that bloody black dog shuts everything down.

Give me a few more days and I will be back with the gory details of my surgery, the update on the house and my usual waffle.

A special thanks to a certain blogging mate who contacted me to check in and really helped to pull me back out of the mire. 

18 comments:

  1. So glad to see you are back,, I was getting worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear from you! I just assumed you were dealing with healing from your infection and your surgeries and working on house stuff. Now I feel guilty for not checking in! But I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very concerned, and I'm glad you're back. Bit by bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this Sparkling. I have no idea what you’re going through and don’t ever want to say I understand, I feel empathy. My daughter had episodes of anxiety/depression and it broke my heart. Very much looking forward to hearing all your news. Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better! Looking forward to hearing updates and pics of the house. I don't think people who've never experienced anxiety or depression can even begin to imagine how draining it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I trust you have endured much of late..(understatement) and just glad you are coming to the surface as you can....... and nice to *see* you.
    Susan M/ Calif

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and hoping all will be well before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're okay-ish. Depression sucks. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was nice to see this pop up this morning. I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little I know about depression is what I have learned online form people who suffer. I don't, so I'm clueless, though I do know that saying things like "Cheer up, it could be worse" are totally useless. Good to see you back though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You most definitely have had a lot on your plate this year....all stressful for you....glad you are ok....Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being prone to depression myself I understand what you're going through. Glad to hear you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to have you back and looking forward to catching up on your news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just thought about you (again) this morning. I am so sorry to hear that you've been struggling with the evil Siamese twins of anxiety and depression. As someone who has been down that path I understand. It is horrible. But you will come out of it, despite how impossible that may seem on the worst days.
    I'd hug you if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big welcome back ! We have all missed you but the main thing is that you are on the way back up. A lot of have been there & can appreciate what you are going thru. Penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh hun I’m so sorry. I’ve been feeling it too
    Yes it’s that time of year but I think as we get older it gets worse the anxiety especially gets worse. If hugs to you

    ReplyDelete