Thursday, 5 September 2024

Life is good.

The landscaping is coming along really well. 

There will be a fence between the tree and the shed (the shed belongs to the bloke who owns the blocks behind us) but the tree will grow and you get an idea of the fencing from the second photo. The tree, by the way, is a Little Gem magnolia.



I am thrilled with the steps. There is a gentle bend that reflects the bends in the garden beds.



Again, you need to imagine the fence which will be roughly where the dirt ends and the grass begins. This is the other side of the house from the fence above. Things look a bit stark with the black mulch but once I have planted the whole area will sing with colour and texture.




I will need a bit more than these, though! We bought them at the local monthly market and I have ordered more from the chap that runs one of our mini golf venues. What ... isn't that where you get good plants? Tis here! I'm picking them up tomorrow.




Himself wanted to clean the rocks and this was him on the weekend with the garden hose but he ended up using  the power washer which did a great job. You get an idea of the difference the mulch makes.


 

We are getting so close to the end and more and more is being moved into the new house. 

On other fronts my hip has been giving me grief to the point that I have been taking heavy meds and been woken through the night. I had some brusing on my right buttock that concerned me and I rang the surgeon's rooms last week. I was told to see my GP as the procedure shouldn't be producing bruising at this stage. That evening I realised that I had been deeply massaging the area to relieve the ache so the bruising was self inflicted! I see the GP next week (country living, folks, but to be fair city living isn't much better in this regard) and will ask for an xray to set my mind at rest that I haven't damaged things. 

Yesterday I celebrated another trip around the sun. My coffee friends sang to me (and cleared the cafe), Himself and I had a fabulous dinner at the local pub and my kids and friends contacted me. 

I am so fortunate.

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Celebrate you. The house is nearly there all good. I'm sorry the hip is still an issue, though. Let's hope you get that sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving is exhausting. Probably double that when you're building one, too.
    And happy birthday, sister Virgo. I beat you to it by one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Ms. Merlot! May you sparkle on!
    I love your Little Gem. I do adore a magnolia.
    And that rock garden is going to look fabulous.
    Now- quit hurting yourself! You poor thing. I wish you weren't in such pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated B-day. Loving the look of your rock garden. Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave myself a bruise last week, vigoursly massaging one of the tendons around my left knee. I left it alone and it healed up:)

    I have to laugh at your husband, washing the rocks. Happy belated birthday woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. I’m sorry your in so much pain hopefully once it’s all over you’ll be skipping around like a teenager Garden is going to look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated happy birthday to you. You know if you built in Victoria's western district, you could have just dug the rocks up from the ground. It looks a bit rural where you've built. I wonder if it will stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is looking great, I think because of your hip infection and maybe some rubbing you probably just have a bit of bursitis around the joint which can cause extra pain, even if only a small amount...good to take pain relief so that you walk and move normally and don't cause extra issues...all will be good soon...Prosecco helps with these things...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rocks look fabulous with the mulch in place. It's all going to be so pretty once the flowers are in. Try some anti-inflammatory cream for the hip area? Fisiocrem is good, purple tube, from chemists.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday. You new home is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see the finished garden, it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! The flower beds are looking great, but yes, you will need a few more plants. :) And probably some larger ones!

    It's wise to follow up on the bruising, even if only to confirm you've done it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure I posted birthday wishes, maybe they're dancing and singing in spam. Anyway, happy birthday and many many more!

    ReplyDelete