Thursday, 12 December 2024

A lovely day

True to her word, Penguin made her presence obvious!



We had a coffee and a lovely getting to know you chat. I won't give much away as she is a very private person but she has lived here a long time and leads an interesting life.

This went past as we were sitting in a cafe with an amazing view of the water and water traffic. Not sure why such a piece of equipment was being towed in through the entrance. Might need to do some research.



While Himself has been in Melbourne I have been moving furniture around. I am pleased with the results. I hope he is cos if he isn't he can move it back!

Had lunch with a new neighbour which was also pleasant. Not sure if she will stay as just before their house was finished her husband of over 35 years decided they weren't getting along and called it quits. There is still landscaping and fencing to be done and then the house will go on the market. I feel so sorry for her. She didn't see it coming.

Himself will be home shortly and the animals will be thrilled. I don't jump at their bidding!

You probably don't want to read the following if you're eating......




The flies are terrible at the moment. I don't mind the little bush flies but we have been inundated with blowies to the extent I have resorted to fly spray. Those disgusting little buggers lay their ... um ... live offspring as they die. Gross.

On that note I'm off to pour a much needed and deserved gin (I HATE fly offspring to the point of gagging). Be grateful I didn't take a photo!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm happy the meeting with Penguin went so well, but sad to hear fo the neighbour who now has to sell her new house. I'm thankful I haven't seen any "blowies" around here in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penguin was lovely. It is a sad situation with the neighbour. This was meant to be their last home and now she has to find somewhere else to live.

      Delete
  2. Now, the mysterious Penguin.
    I hope you have the furniture right. In my opinion there is a correct place for furniture and then it should remain there.
    Living rather a few metres from the ground, bush flies are rare and blowflies very rare. I hate both. Crush, kill, destroy. Just wait for the weekend's north wind to blow all the blowies south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree with you about furniture but sometimes it takes a few goes to get it right. Not sure what I dislike most - north winds or blowies.

      Delete
  3. The penguin is cute and such a nice way to advertise Penguin's presence.
    So sad about your neighbour's marriage. She must be distraught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know her very well but she is obviously upset.

      Delete
  4. Well, Penguin was quite recognizable as it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's my comment?? Spam? Again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so sorry, Liz. I checked my spam and had 25 comments in there. I have published them all now.

      Delete
  6. Insects can drive humans insane. And, kill them, too. Mosquitos? Not just pests, my friend!
    What a beautiful place you have chosen to live in. Glad you got to meet Penguin and let us absolutely respect her privacy.
    As to your neighbor- what are the odds that the husband doesn't think they're getting along because he's found someone else with whom he thinks he DOES get along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, isn't that a familiar story? Happened to another lady we know.

      Delete
    2. He is quite a bit younger than she and denies any other person is involved but everything points that way - even if there isn't now it won't be long until there is.

      Delete
    3. My Ex had a "non-existent" girlfriend, when I finally met her she was seven months pregnant!

      Delete
  7. How lovely you meet another blogger. Your making new friends in the area and that’s great.
    I remember going camping in the outback and we had to wear netting over our faces. And still the flies would land. So many you couldn’t see!
    Swotting flies is the aussie salute. Love love love the penguin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a bunch of fly nets so Himself can walk the dogs without getting the bushies up his nose and in his ears.

      Delete
  8. I saw flies like that in Africa. I found them fascinating and repugnant at the same time!

    Glad Penguin didn't turn out to be a serial killer. :)

    ReplyDelete