I think I prefer this photo to the previous one.
He had a good time.
I saw the GP yesterday. I am now on a diuretic to help bring the blood pressure down and have started on a cholesterol lowering drug. I started taking them today and felt most queer earlier on so sat on the couch and watched telly. I never watch telly during the day but it was very pleasant. Himself was out buying himself an iron (he always complains that OTHER PEOPLE leave sticky stuff on the base plate so I told him to buy his own and keep it hidden!), Three is at work and Two and NGF went out somewhere. So it was me and the cat on the couch ... again!
I see the GP on the 17th April so I have just over 5 weeks to lose some weight and start exercising so my BP will be lower next time I see him.
I have always blamed weight loss programmes for not losing weight. And in some cases I think that it's justified. But I can't really complain about the WW Core program with it's emphasis on fresh, whole, natural food. So back onto it I go ... I was reading the WW message boards yesterday and came across an idea which I have read before but it struck home. If you break a plate you don't smash the whole dinner set. So if I don't stick with the program 100% I shouldn't give the whole thing away as a lost cause.
I was also watching something on obesity (major obesity!) the other night and someone was talking about his inability to resist the FOOD he was putting in his mouth. Something went "ping" and I realised that what he was talking about as food was just rubbishy empty calories. Food is something we need for nourishment and health. It is wholesome, satisfying and essential. Anything else we eat is non-essential and we choose whether or not to eat it. We can't say that we HAVE to eat the pizza, the fish and chips and the chocolate. We HAVE to eat the veges, fruit, wholegrains and lean meat. So I am beginning to look at what I put in my mouth as food and non-food. I'm still working this out in my head so apologise if it sounds a bit odd and disjointed.
Himself is taking Three to the motor show this evening. I will head off to the supermarket soon and get the ingredients for a WW chilli con carne.
Tomorrow Himself heads back to Sydney. I am going to meet my parents and Dr Teacher and his family at the retirement village to view the unit they want to buy. Then a quick lunch back at Dr. T's and then 9 holes of golf with Jenny.
On Tuesday, Officeworks are delivering Three's desk in the morning and I'm going to get my hair cut and coloured in the afternoon.
I need to overcome this incredible resistence I currently have to exercise. Maybe I should start by a gentle walk around the short block and build up from there. We are now into Autumn and although we do get warm days they aren't like the horrendous ones we have in Summer and the nights are cool. I should be walking along the beach front or down by the creek.
Have a good week, all.
He reminds me of Robbie Williams :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the whole 'health' stuff.... I can't imagine there is a better incentive to lose weight, than doing it to save your life. I love the whole food/non food idea...I think that's how I'm kinda looking at it too.
ooooh I think someone mentioned a while ago at the other site I have to agree you have good looking boys :-)
ReplyDeleteyou have beach fronts in melbourne ? :-P definatley a place to go for a walk perhaps a nice long lead and a harness for the cats for company on your walks