Which explains why Himself is in Sydney. I want his promise that when there is a public holiday in Sydney he will be AT HOME in Melbourne.
I met my brother and our parents at the retirement unit. It's not too bad. I'm not sure how they will go living in such a small space after what they have been used to but time will tell.
The bathroom left a bit to be desired from a safety point of view but mother was happy to leave it as is. I had a conversation with the manager of the village stating my concerns with a potential nasty injury. She agreed with me and we both agreed that it was up to Mum and Dad. Mum has now decided that having the bathroom done is a fabulous idea.
We went back to Dr T's place for lunch (2 minutes away!). Over lunch Mum asked if Dr T could come and put their cat to sleep (he used to be a vet, remember?). Dr T said he couldn't. She later told me that she was going to have to have the cat put down. I asked why and got a load of rubbish "he's 8 and nervy". He's 8 but not nervy and I don't believe ANYONE has the right to kill another living thing unless it is a genuine act of mercy. This has the potential of really causing a rift. Do not tell me that you love animals (and cats in particular) if you aren't even going to TRY to find another home.
I then played 9 holes of golf with Jenny. We had both had difficult days with our mothers and I found the conversation very therapeutic. My long game wasn't too bad but my short game sucked. I only lost one golfball to the creek.
Then home to nothing having been done but Three offering to drive to the supermarket for me cos he knew I'd had a rough day with his grandparents and had been on my feet for most of it.
Two is in a strange mood. I think he's hiding something from me which, as I have said before, is his prerogative, but it does concern me.
Three and I had beef and black bean sauce with rice for dinner. Just a jar mix but with added bits and pieces and was quite nice. It would be much better if I used eye fillet but, HELL NO, am I paying $30++ a kilo for something I'm going to stir fry.
So. Another day down. I'm feeling a bit unsettled of late. I think that's understandable with all the stuff going on in my life but I need to learn to deal with it.
Tomorrow. Waiting for Three's desk to arrive and then a haircut and colour. Hopefully my learning package from uni will arrive and I can start studying for this damned course.
I know I have repeated myself a bit of late but I cannot be fagged going back and seeing what I have written in previous posts. Alternatively, I could claim that I am considering those of you with short term memory loss!!!
ummmm..........er.....now...um what was I going to say something about new visitors
ReplyDeleteYou will feel much better after the haircut and color. Or colour.
ReplyDelete