Fireman Sam rang last night to say he would be around at 5.30 this morning as he is working today. So, on my day off mind you (dedicated or crazy, the jury's still out on that one), I was up. He didn't show up at 5.30 which has happened before when he's slept through his alarm so I said goodbye to Himself as he caught his taxi to the airport and curled up for a few minutes with Tom who was oh, so warm and purry. Just before 6.00 Fireman Sam rocked up. His girlfriend had turned off the alarm before he heard it!
So we went to the park and we did a lap. And I ran the whole way. Just before the end he told me we were only doing one lap so I really pushed myself. And then I couldn't breathe. But I was veritcal and talking (gasping) so I must have been alive. Then we went to one of the stations they have placed around the park and did situps and pushups. Well, he did and I struggled as I was still technically half dead. Then another sprint back to the car which finished me off. Apparantly this will be the go from now on. He is ditching MY training regime and I can train with him. Like he does. He will be doing some boxing at work so I have to do 30-45 minutes of bag work today! Not sure whether to do my usual 50 minutes on the bike. I think he's coming around again in the morning.
I finished Harry Potter yesterday. I don't usually read books that have a lot of hype surrounding them as I find it detracts from the pleasure I get from reading. This was the case here, I'm afraid, but I did really enjoy it. All the 'who dies' crap that has been going around for ever was a pity but I couldn't imagine the book ending any other way. I'm looking forward to see what kind of book JK Rowling writes next.
Himself has started building me a bookcase so I can neatly store all the books that are currently in piles on the floor next to the bed.
One and Three are very stiff and sore from their snowboarding adventure but I think they enjoyed themselves. Two is making a concerted effort to lose his steroid weight and WAS going to get up and run this morning but there was nary a sound from his room at 5.30! He is riding the bike, though, and using the weight bench and bar we bought on Saturday. I hope he continues as I think it would do him the world of good. He is a different build to the other two. He is the shortest of the three and is prone to gain a bit of weight but has broad shoulders and a well shaped bum and legs that the other two don't. One, in particular, is very long and lanky although his shoulders are fairly broad. I reckon Two would shape up very well with some trainng and that would do his self esteem the power of good.
Due to spending the majority of yesterday curled up with a good book (and Sheba) I need to get a wriggle on and tidy the house up a bit. And work the bag. And do some light weights and maybe the bike. And shop for dinner and go for a walk.
Enjoy YOUR day!
No comments:
Post a Comment