Thursday, 19 July 2007

Lurgy


This photo was taken in Sydney in April. Two is currently up there with GGF. And he loves it. I think I might have the first son really fly the coop next year. He wants to study up there but we will have to have a serious talk about $$$$$. An expensive course and somewhere to live. Even if that doesn't eventuate he has finally travelled outside Melbourne and had a taste of another large city. He will definitely be doing more of this.

Two and I went to the respiratory specialist yesterday for a second opinion. Which ended up being 'stick with what we're doing'!! At least it means we are sort of on the right track.

Fireman Sam came around today to up the ante with my workouts. More on that later. He was sniffly with a head a cold which had turned really nasty when One went over to see him this evening so we won't be running tomorrow as planned. Which is probably a good thing as I've had a sore throat for a couple of days and am determined to Not Get Sick. No way. One has been under the weather now for a couple of weeks (didn't stop him going out several nights last week to celebrate his 23rd birthday!), Himself was crook over the weekend and Three came home from work early with a sore throat. Everyone at work has had the lurgy in one form or another. There are some nasty bugs out there this winter.

I commented to One over the weekend that I felt I wasn't working out hard enough and he told Fireman Sam! So the new regime involves a lot more on the bike. Running (eventually!!). And some light weight work until I get to the stage where I can start working more heavy weights. The punching bag is great. If I start it I have to do it for 15 minutes (4x3minute bouts with a minute in between). I really enjoy the bag. It gives you a good cardiac workout as well as some upper body. Once I really get the hang of it then I can see how the whole body would get a workout. And it's fun and great stress relief. (Does that answer your question, MizS?). I have a lot more flexibility with my regime which is great but very scary. I have become very dependent on Fireman Sam which is not a good thing but it's got me where I am and now it's time to become a bit more independent. I am loving the feeling of being fit and am so looking forward to losing the weight so that I can do even more. At the moment when I do anything it's like wearing a weight vest - or so Fireman Sam told me.

I have officially intermitted all my study. Then the clinical educator told me that I had blitzed the module I did in first semester and the university coordinator was very impressed with my work. I was really chuffed but not enough to study this semester. I need to spend the energy on getting me to where I want to be. Hopefully by next year I will be able to maintain the fitness with less time involvement and then I'll look at studying again. Or I might look at taking up something else like archery or bush walking or rowing!!

It's getting late so I think I'll take my sore throat and go to bed.

I am still not quite right but I think it's more feeling things more intensely (exercise and no alcohol!) and that's OK.

1 comment:

  1. I know I keep saying this, but it's worth saying again: I am so incredibly proud of you and impressed by your tenacity and commitment. I think this is way, way more important than any University courses.

    ReplyDelete