Fireman Sam has often commented on a desire to play golf but was reluctant to go out and make a fool of himself. I suppose after I ran head first into a netball post on Wednesday when we (I) were doing sprints sort of made him feel safe with me in the making an idiot of yourself stakes.
So today we went to the local 9 hole course. The weather forecast was for hail and gale force winds. But we went anyway. There were a few other mad people around and we let several of them play through.
Fireman Sam had a less than auspicious start but finally managed to launch his ball .... straight into the creek. But at least it was launched. I thought he was going to give up and go home when he struggled to even get it off the tee.
After that there was no holding him. He had a wonderful time. Even when the gale force winds hit (and blew a tree down right in front of us) and the rain was like slivers of ice we kept playing. He hit that ball all over the course. Sometimes he even hit it onto the fairway of the hole we were actually playing!
I think he might come out with me again. I just hope I don't have to run into another netball post before he does. That hurt.
Himself came home just after lunch. We went to the shopping centre because I really needed some new bras. And I bought two everyday ones and a sports bra. TWO SIZES SMALLER THAN WHAT I'VE BEEN WEARING! How chuffed am I? No wonder things were a tad unrestrained. The jeans I'm wearing which are stretch size 14 are falling off me. Literally. I am wearing a jumper that I haven't worn for over two years. I need to get some new clothes but keep hanging on. Maybe next week. I should probably get a decent outfit to wear to court with Two on Wednesday, though. I might just get a pair of slacks over the weekend.
In the mean time I'm looking to book a few days away at Lakes Entrance. Because I don't have the time off that I originally planned for we have decided to go back there as it's only about a 3-4 hour drive away and we know that there are good restaurants and several scenic walks. I just hope it turns out to be more pleasant than the last time we were there. If Himself pulls the sulky stunts again I'm out of here.
Off to the supermarket.
Catchya!
When are we going to see some pictures? HMMMM?
ReplyDeleteMizS. My camera is knackered. It chews through batteries so I am pictureless until I work out how to get them from my camera onto my PC. There will be photos from Lakes ... and there will be comparison before photos as well. Stay tuned.....
ReplyDelete