Thursday, 20 September 2007

One has a new tattoo

It looks better in real life and when you can see the whole person! I was very dubious but it has turned out really well. And he loves it.

Today is 16 weeks since I began the get fitter and slimmer project. I have lost 13.5 kilos (about 30 pounds for those of you who think in those terms!) and about 10% body fat (body fat, not body weight ... that is well over the 10% mark). I am nearly at the half way mark. I was ready to toss everything in at the weekend. It was all too haaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrd. And I didn't want to doooo iiiiiit anymooooooore. I whinged to One and got short shrift! I didn't do any exercise over the weekend and I think it did me good. I hate to say it but I think I just might, maybe, have overdone it just a little tiny bit. Perhaps. Anyway I started back on Monday with a vengeance. I have managed a couple of little runs as part of my evening walks and enjoyed them. I emailed Fireman Sam my results and he rang and we had a chat and maybe he will be back training me next week. And maybe not, depending on his back and workcover and stuff. I'm sure we will train together again at some point but in the mean time I will keep plodding along on my own and try to add some bits and pieces in as I feel I can cope with them. I miss his company and his encouragement and I certainly work better when he's around but I have proven to myself that I can do this.

We had a lovely Sunday with Jane and Mary. My mother was a complete cow. I realised that she was jealous that Jane had been in touch with me and not her. She told Dr. Teacher that she couldn't manage lunch at his place (5 minutes away, remember?) but could I take Jane and Mary over to her place on the way. Which Himself and I did. And were totally ignored!!! It was quite funny in a bizarre way. Jane and Mary commented on my patience with my parents. Dad is really very frail and Dr. Teacher and I are very worried about him but mother informed Dr Teacher and Dad yesterday that Dad has to keep well because he has to look after HER. Dad shouldn't be driving and we thought that he would be resistant to that decision when it had to be made but Dr Teacher thinks that Dad is aware of this imminent possibility and it's Mum that's insisting he continues to drive so he can take her to restaurants for lunch and stuff. We discussed all this today over 9 holes of golf and Dr Teacher has decided that he will have to sit down with Mum and point out that Dad is getting very frail and is not there just for her convenience. I would go with him to have the conversation but I am so far in her bad books at the moment that it would only inflame the situation. Dad is complaining of a sore back which is unheard of. Dad never complains which means the pain is bad and Dad is worried. Mum dismissed it by saying the doctor thinks it's just (JUST!!) osteoporosis. Which means that Dad could have a crush fracture of a vertebrae. I envisage things getting very messy in that department and I don't envy Dr Teacher at all.

I have an interview for the new position tomorrow. I fluctuate between confidence and despair!!

My physiotherapist recommended I try pilates for my back and I had the first session this afternoon. It is a helluva lot harder than it looks!! I have another 3 sessions booked and I'll see how I go.

One has his entrance exam for the fire brigade on Saturday evening. He is very nervous.

Three and Tina have broken up but will meet over the weekend to discuss things (her decision on both accounts) and I wouldn't be surprised if they get back together. He was upset at the time but isn't really fussed either way at the moment.

Two has a lot going on at the moment. Some good and some bad. I shall elaborate after 3rd October when, hopefully, the bad will all be resolved.

Now I must go and start getting dinner ready. I had a day off tomorrow but am going in for the morning and to cover lunch breaks as they only had 3 staff members on. Wish me luck for the interview at 11.15.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you on the interview.

    30 pounds!?! That is amazing. Your determination has been a beautiful thing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *waving madly to get your attention*

    Hellooo!! Hello lovely lady, remember me? I was doing WW and blogging and then I disappeared for a while.

    I am back on the wagon now and I've invited you to read my blog, but the only address I had was something to do with a fat tabby... you'll know what that means!

    I'm so glad you're doing so well with WW, I hope to catch up on some reading and find out what you've been up to.

    Belinda

    ReplyDelete