Sunday, 30 September 2007

Sunday


My back is a bit iffy at the moment. I went to the physio yesterday and she did some deep muscle stuff and applied heat. It was a bit better. There is a tendency to become over observant after an injury and worry over every tweak and twinge. I see this in my patients who often become so tuned into their bodies that they start to fret over things they wouldn't even have been aware of before their diagnosis.

You may remember that my training regime involved 90 minutes on the exercise bike at the weekend. I have fallen out of love with my exercise bike and Fireman Sam gave me the green light to ride my pushbike as long as I ride for 3 hours or more. Yesterday we returned the gadget that didn't work and were given one that did and I can now see how far and how fast I go on my bike. And the weather has gone to shit! If it doesn't show signs of improving by midday I shall have to suck it up and get on the exercise bike. I don't mind a bit of rain but the wind is not pleasant.

I'm having a bit of a down day, today. Interestingly Fireman Sam asked me why I was stressed when we were driving to the golf course on Friday and yesterday Three bought me a single long stemmed pink rose because I was stressed! I think I might be a bit stressed! I must admit, with everything going on at the moment I do feel a bit overwhelmed. I even feel very fat today. Like none of the weight has gone.

Yesterday Himself and I bought a new dishwasher. It will be delivered on Thursday. This time we bought a decent one (an Asko). Our current one is about 6 years old (an LG) but we have had no end of trouble with it and NOW people tell me never to buy LG. So, if you're in the market for whitegoods, avoid LG.

OK. It's 10.30. I've had my breakfast. One is icing his foot. Himself is fiddlefarting around. Two is housesitting with GGF and Three is at work. Tina is still asleep but I need to make sure she's up by midday as she has to work. I think I'll go and have a shower and see what the day offers.

Two more shifts and then I am no longer an oncology nurse (for 11 months, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment