When I was a kid there was a nursery rhyme that went "March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers". Apparently March is windy in the UK! I have never quite worked out how to translate that to the Southern hemisphere but it has been very windy over the past couple of days. We had rain today, too, which is lovely to see. I don't know if it will be enough to get our dams over 40% capacity, though. We are in for a grim summer. My front garden is so bare but I'm not prepared to put anything in until I know if we are going onto stage 4 restrictions which will mean no outside watering at all. As it is we lost a lot of plants last summer when we went onto stage 3 restrictions.
I had lunch with the Mermaid today. It was lovely to catch up with her. We always feel better after we've been able to have a long chat.
Fireman Sam rang. It looks like it will be another 2 weeks before he is able to come around to train me. And who knows how long before he can really work out. I guess I'm on my own. As I said yesterday, I knew this would happen but I was hoping it wouldn't be quite yet. The Mermaid noticed a big change in me (I hadn't seen her for 5 weeks) and a top I went to wear today is definitely too big. I really must go through my wardrobe.
The plans I had for Sunday are all over the place because my mother has a cold. She has had the cold for over a week but waited until it turned into bronchitis before going to the doctor. I know I sound unsympathetic but this happens every time she gets a cold. Why she doesn't go to the doctor at the first sign I don't know. The really uncharitable part of me feels that she is using this to control the weekend as it was something that was arranged without her and she doesn't like that. Yes, I still have issues with her and they are not getting better as we both get older. And if my bloody sister-in-law tells me to be flexible once more I'll flex her!!
It's just Three and me home tonight. He's gone to get fish and chips for dinner. Not a healthy eating day for me at all but at least I've ordered a piece of grilled flake and will have some salad with it.
I'm going to go and pop into my pyjamas and snuggle up in front of the telly.
Have a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment