Thursday, 22 November 2007

A Day OFF!!!

Blogger won't let me upload a photo :(

I have been in my new role for 6 weeks. And because I am full time I get an accrued day off every four weeks. Tomorrow is my first. I have never been so excited about a day off! My boss is good and let me leave an hour early to make up for extra time I've put in.

I went to Camberwell to pick up One and went for a wander down Burke Road. I ended up in a shop and bought a new skirt and three new tops. Well, I bet you would have too if you were able to buy MEDIUM sized clothes instead of XL. Now I need some new summer work shoes.

We came home and I started cleaning up the house. It really needed a good going over. Himself has done bits and pieces but it's never had all the floors done, the surfaces dusted and the bathrooms cleaned. I have tidied the main living areas and our bedroom, dusted all surfaces (coff coff) and swept the tiled floors (most of the house). My back started to really hurt so tomorrow I will vacuum the carpets, clean our bathroom, change our sheets and wash the floors. I had hoped to have it all done tonight but I want to run tomorrow and don't want to risk knackering my back. Hopefully from here on in I can keep on top of it all.

Speaking of running, I did the 5 laps (6k) in one go yesterday. It took me 50 minutes but that's OK. The new regime is running MWF and weights and ab work T and Th. And probably one day on the weekend. And I plan to do something at the weekends, either a good long walk or a bike ride.

It's 9.00pm and Three has just arrived home with pizza so I'm off to watch some telly, enjoy a glass of wine and eat pizza. And then hit the sack so I can get up and run tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. A day off every 4 weeks?! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete