Sunday, 18 November 2007

Sunday afternoon


The weekend has snuck away from me again.

Yesterday I played golf with my usual partners. It's a small course and the fairways aren't very long but even so, I was gobsmacked when I shot a hole in one!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness the girls were with me and we were all watching my ball. Very exciting that was.

The boys have been out and about all weekend. Himself has been fitting blinds to the windows at the back of the house to keep those rooms cooler. It's getting hot early this year. Forecast for 37 degrees C tomorrow.

I had great plans for a long bike ride or at least a good long walk this weekend but haven't achieved either. It's now nearly 4pm so neither are going to happen but I'll go for a walk around the block and park shortly.

Fireman Sam and I had the morning to ourselves on Wednesday as Gina and One couldn't get themselves out of bed. We were talking about other goals and he mentioned a mammoth bushwalk in southern Tasmania. It is only for experienced bushwalkers and the conditions are very rugged. I have always wanted to bushwalk (hiking for those non-australians out there!) but have never found anyone to walk with and it's not a good idea to go bush on your own. I could join a bushwalking club but that's not really my scene as I prefer to do things with people I know well, like family. Anyway. My ultimate goal is to do the South Coast Walk one day. So I need to start with small walks. With Christmas fast approaching (and I've done NOTHING!) I doubt I'll get out until next year but Fireman Sam says he'll put together some walks and we'll see where we go from there.

Work is really good. I am enjoying it and getting really good feedback from my immediate boss and the manager of the department for the network.

On Friday I popped into my old department to see if a particular patient was there (he was and I was pleased to see he is doing as well as can be expected). Another patient was having treatment. This bloke doesn't have cancer but requires treatment every 6 weeks or so for a blood disorder and has been coming for years. He commented on not seeing me for a while and I explained that I had changed jobs. He asked if I had lost weight to which I replied 'yes'. He then said "You look good. You look REALLY good!" I'll take compliments wherever I can find them!!!

On that note I'm going for a walk. I still need to lose another 10 kilos to get into the healthy BMI range. It's very easy to become complacent when receiving positive comments and having more choices with clothes shopping but I don't want to stay where I am. I want to get super fit and the weight loss will be a pleasant by-product.

I'll try and update more regularly now that I'm not so knackered after work! Have a great week everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment